Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Iq Project

SallyIQ

LOL

No edit... but maybe did I wrote some way that doesn't express exactly what I wanted to say... I'm french and not bilingual...

I just meant that i know someone that had this problem and she should be aware of this possibility !

Oh wait sorry dude. I didn't see there was a second page. I was refering to another post on the 1st page. My bad. Sorry.

You said nothing wrong, I was out of order. :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SallyIQ

• sweet-dentist

• tarquin

• DFish

LOL

No edit... but maybe did I wrote some way that doesn't express exactly what I wanted to say... I'm french and not bilingual...

I just meant that i know someone that had this problem and she should be aware of this possibility !

Oh wait sorry dude. I didn't see there was a second page. I was refering to another post on the 1st page. My bad. Sorry.

You said nothing wrong, I was out of order. smile.gif

Others leap where Angels fear to tread yawn.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sally

May I please know the detail of your tyre? Such as the brand, model and size. I've checked out a 17" 7" alloy today but I am unsure which tyre should I use.

Got a few options tho...

Should use 205/45/17 according to the official Mr.T 16" alloy spec. However the choice of tyre are very limited and there are more option for 215/40/17 or 205/50/17 etc

By the way what a nice IQ you got there, very outstanding :)

I am planning to do similar modification for my IQ :)

Got a real good deal for a 17"7 alloy. Next step is to lower the car.

Still thinking if I should spend big $$$ to order bodykit for my car tho... It looks better with a kit it but also add a lot of body weight to the car. Since fuel saving is one of my reason to buy this... I think it is quite dumb to put on a kit... Let me know what you think.

In this size you may try the TOYO T1-R they're jsut amazing for the price. under water they are quite efficient.

I have 7.5x17 wheels with 215/40x17 tyres on my IQ. I have just fitted a set of Toyo T1-R's. They are absolutely amazing tyres, although, due to their load idex rating the side walls are a bit too stiff. This helps in the corners, but makes the ride a little choppy.

I have been experimenting with the tyre pressures, and 26psi all round seems to work best.

It will be interesting to see how well they wear.

Hi Sally

The reason I am on here is because we saw your car at Japbash last year, and I thought it looked great. We thought no more about it until recently when we decided we wanted a little commuter car, and the IQ stirred in my memory, so we looked at the pics I had taken at Japbash and we went from there. More details on Southeastscoobies where Jas has been helping me out.

You are pioneering the way, as far as I am concerned (as a customiser at heart) and you won't please everybody as you continue your path.

However, you will provide food for thought, and a wealth of info for those that might want to spark off your individuality.

Good luck!!

Keith

Hmm, Sally I got a question. Is it going to affect the fuel consumption after adding extra BHP to it?...

Well I just drove 350 miles, mostly motorways but some urban and got an average of 50.9mpg according to the trip so no it doesn't affect the mpg too much, having more bhp.

Thanks Keith, I have seen the thread on SES :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Just a little update, new wheels JDM yo!

Super Advan Racing SA3R's 15" x 6.5" on Toyo T1R tyres, bought second hand!

Love them, just need coilovers now!

Just a quick pic:

36916_410976447431_508287431_4391166_5643621_n.jpg

I wanna take part in more of the Toyota Sprint Series rounds and the 17s were holding me back. Handling and the weight of the wheels wasnt helping me be competitive so im hoping for better results on these. Also these are quite rare and im so happy to have got my hands on a set!

I do love the Gold Rotas but these look amazing in the flesh. My photography skills leave alot to be desired! The 17s will probably be up for sale if anyone is interested ;) I was going to keep them for everyday and these just for the sprint series but I love these too much!

These have helped lower the car to the floor about half an inch as well due to the different sizes, my front mud flaps scrape ALOT more now!

Im not going to CAE but I am going to JAE in September with the TSS so maybe see you there?

Yea, take more pics for your IQ and the new rim and show us when you have time :)

I think IQ is unique because they look great with any colour combination, I have yet to come across any ugly IQ yet :P

Let me know when you get your coilover, I will be interest in buying your lower spring.

Here is a better pic I just took, still not a brilliant one though. The wheels sometimes look light blue and sometimes dark depending on the angle and the light

SDC171451024x768.jpg

Nope........3 spokes (double or not) are almost always a no go.

Cheap look and the colour is a bad combination.

Try some team dynamics pro race series...........lookers and very light quality.

them wheels do not look right on the iq the ones you last had suited the car better.

Hi Sally. Go girl !!!

Any news on a meet up, yet?

Keith

It's not a great pic and I think a different colour would be better (that's the colour they came & someone else's choice) but I think they look good, ok so they may not fill the arches as much as the 17's did but as Sally says coilovers will help sort that and that they should help give more of an edge when sprinting (as we've all got to try & catch Paul in his Aygo up :lol:)

Modding is all about Marmite :yes: and the main thing is if you like it you keep going for it :D

• 1 year later...

Just found this thread again, needs a little updating but here we go..

Here is a picture from the 1st time I went to the Toyota Sprint Series

IMG_0242.jpg

My car had a 6 page feature in Japanese Performance magazine in late 2010

PG1.jpg

PG2.jpg

PG3.jpg

PG4.jpg

PG5.jpg

PG6.jpg

I drove Rockingham Race Circuit in one of the TSS rounds which was great! Got a sunstrip fitted as well

197588_10150128884362432_508287431_6539556_56554_n.jpg

Got a new sticker on eBay, just a bit of fun really

230417_10150178242622432_508287431_6861116_3295089_n.jpg

Tango'd my wheels...these are the ones that used to be gold. Just fancied a change, but they will be refurbed again in the spring in another colour, Ive had them orange for about 6 months now, and I really stand out in a crowd! But I get bored easily

225809_226062204075110_178739442140720_1027112_1571413_n.jpg

Another little feature type thing in Bnzai magazine, the Readers Rides section. Sent it in in 2010 though but its only just been printed in 2011!

230459_10150197221247432_508287431_7037290_7015436_n.jpg

Was featured as part of Rotashops blog in June 2011

CLICK HERE

Bought some 21mm front ARB polybushes for the car as thought they could make a bit of difference with the handling etc

And I did something a bit crazy with my wing mirrors, this is not a wrap or vinyl, they have been 'dipped' and there are loads of different designs to chose from including carbon effect but Im not a normal person so I went a bit mad and chose skulls haha

391614_10150408760567432_508287431_8513351_1329339136_n.jpg

You can also just see my Rising Sun fuel flap in this photo, that one is a vinyl which I have had for ages!!

Ive only really gone for exterior modifications as they only performance mod I would be happy with would be a supercharger.

I know this may not be to everyones taste but hey, Its mine and I love it!

IMG_0242.jpg

My deepest respect Lady!!! WOW I really love your work!!!

Peter

PS Just found this thread this morning...

IMG_0242.jpg

My deepest respect Lady!!! WOW I really love your work!!!

Peter

PS Just found this thread this morning...

Your right Peter Lovely work Sally. Looking through your pics and the right up, it mentioned you may be fitting a K&N filter . I am not sure if you have done that yet. What I will say is that its not that good in summer around town when the engine bay gets hot in traffic. In the winter and on longer runs, works well and in "S" mode on the multi drive, it accelerates at 90mph to 105 and carries on to 112mph . very nicely

David