Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Iq Project

SallyIQ

Sally...

Ha... I see that David just added some text I was about to ask...

But ... can you tell us your findings and opinion of having this airfilter with lower air-drag-reduction. Is it worthwhile to put it on the car?

How does the computer deal with it?

Wat is your opinion on this... please tell us Sally

Peter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SallyIQ

• sweet-dentist

• tarquin

• Salsadicto

Sally...

Ha... I see that David just added some text I was about to ask...

But ... can you tell us your findings and opinion of having this airfilter with lower air-drag-reduction. Is it worthwhile to put it on the car?

How does the computer deal with it?

Wat is your opinion on this... please tell us Sally

Peter

Sorry Sally didn't see how old the original topic was. Had not seen any of your posts except the last one. I see your filter now. Top work Sally great contribution to the forum.

David

Thanks, yeh I didnt go for the K&N in the end, I went for Blitz :) To be honest I have had the induction kit for so long I cant remember what it was like before I had it! I do know that I get an average of 48mpg, but then my average speed is quite often below 20mph (due to my commute to work, small roads and always queues)

My car is a Manual 5 Speed so I have no experience with the CVT Im afraid..

I keep thinking of selling it to get something a bit more faster but I just cant bring myself to do it, it has bags of character and is lots of fun!

Ok as far as i know i have the most modified privately owned IQ in the UK unless anyone else can prove me wrong..happy now?!

Yeh i did find out where to get the springs, on my own, as you seemed to want to withhold the information but now your giving it out freely saying they are on ebay, once i told people where i got mine from.

I would have thought Tarquin's is modified as much as your one. He has a rear camera and can play video from his iPhone on the navigation screen. Plus a lot of other things.

Look at the date on the original post !! Tarquin would not have owned his iQ then !!

In any case, let's not get into scoring points; just enjoy our iQ's and have a great 2012

Dave

Yes but It has been re posted and at the front of the forum. Happy New Year

Im not going to go through and edit all my posts from 2 years ago lol

Im not going to really do anything more to the IQ now, its been in a magazine which is more than enough for me, All im planning is a wheel refurb in the spring.

Just thought I would bump the post and give people some more ideas, I havent fiddled with the electrics or done much to the engine bay, just done a few styling modifications as it already costs me £200 more to insure than a standard one. Will keep it for a couple more years once I have a house/mortgage sorted then possibly look at selling it.

Ive had fun with the car and thats all that matters :)

Im not going to really do anything more to the IQ now......

Go on, get yourself a supercharger...........you know you want one..... :drool:

Love the mirrors btw. :rolleyes:

Im not going to really do anything more to the IQ now......

Go on, get yourself a supercharger...........you know you want one..... :drool:

Noooo course not...

Ha ha ... Soooo how about a supercharger ÀND a turbo.... WOW...

I have got the money for a supercharger but I feel the need for a place of my own more, now im fastly approaching 25 I need to fly the nest!!

Ha .... dear Sally ... WOW ....

You are almost 38 years younger than I am.... :eek: You have all the time in the world...

Aaaah... the youth... the younger days... I do not remember them any more... :crybaby:

Peter

I have got the money for a supercharger but I feel the need for a place of my own more, now im fastly approaching 25 I need to fly the nest!!

You can live in the IQ......plenty of room. :rolleyes:

......or, Sweet-dentist has a caravan you can share by the looks of things..... :unsure:

Ha ha ... yes... definitively possible.. ha ha :rolleyes:

So.. that's in the iQ or in the Caravan.. ha ha

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Great thread Sally. All the things you have tried are great for us IQ owners to see.

Well done!!!

Keith

hi sally kennyboy here i had an iq2 now have the iq3 but i really miss my i love my iq sticker that is on the back of your fabulous car.. i loved reading your posts and your affection for a trully great car made individaul by yourself .... have you any idea where i can get this sticker or any other cool ones????

Yeah Sally... you're not any relation to the Aunt Sally, who was always messing Worzel Gummidge about are you? Only joking, of course. After all, Aunt Sally was a figment of our Worzels imagination.

I think with our iQ, in Amethyst, a white 'I Love my iQ' sticker would look great. Well done by the way, deciding to leave the 'nest.' Big step that is, at any age. Home comforts...

My partner used to make the I heart my IQ stickers, but alas he has now sold his vinyl cutter as with his current job he didnt have time to come home and then make up a load of orders, shame really as it was a good little money earner! Sorry guys :(

My partner used to make the I heart my IQ stickers, but alas he has now sold his vinyl cutter as with his current job he didnt have time to come home and then make up a load of orders, shame really as it was a good little money earner! Sorry guys :(

Aw! Shucks! Never mind. :crybaby:

• 2 weeks later...

Well the car had its first MOT today (it turns 3 on the 21st Feb) and im pleased to say it has PASSED! Dont know why I was worried really! Will find out if there are any advisories when I collect it, they didnt mention on the phone,

Great news Sally!

Yours must be one of the very first to have an MOT carried out on it.

I have been worrying about MOTs just about since the darn things were invented and it never gets any easier.

John