Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Iq Project

SallyIQ

Thought I would start a brand new thread on the IQ as its getting regular updates at the moment!! I know you seen some of this stuff before but thought i would put it all in one big thread!

So first off, I picked it up on the 21st Feb 09

IMGP4749.jpg

First exciting mod was some official car mats, got them cheaper on eBay from a dealer. No pics but its not that interesting!!

We then changed the orange bulbs

Front Before

IMGP4758.jpg

Front After

IMGP4763.jpg

Rear Before

IMGP4764.jpg

Rear After

IMGP4765.jpg

Then we got some new wheels. After umming and ahhing for ages about what set i wanted, i decided and scoured eBay. One set on there so started bidding and it turned into a bidding war but i had a top price in mind. Got outbid in the last 10 seconds :mad:

Started the order process through Kudos Automotive instead but then the seller emailed me and said the buyer hadn't contacted him or paid so would I like to pick them up that night! Of course I said yes, and Jas took me in his work van to go collect them from North London.

They are Rota Grids, 17 x 7.5 in Gold with Polished Lip. Some kerbing (to be expected when buying second hand) but i still think they look pretty schweet!

IMG_6219.jpg

IMG_6231.jpg

Popped to the Toyota i bought the car from and the dealership manager literally came running out to see them and said they looked awesome so im pretty chuffed with that as well!!

Got my private plate put on - S2 LXX

IMGP5123.jpg

Got a parcel in the post from Germany..

IMGP5119.jpg

H&R Lowering Springs 35mm drop front and rear from Germany via SRB Power

IMGP5125.jpg

Some shots after, with comparison

29-06-09536.jpg

29-06-09553.jpg

Ordered some lightweight nuts and a new set of locking wheel nuts. Got a free mini wham bar from Driftworks with my order! :)

IMGP5135.jpg

I then booked the car into the garage. Fitted stainless steel custom pipes, from the cat back. The IQ has 2 cats which finish near the front of the car, so we decided to start the system just after these.

We decided to not bother with the silencer (although they had ordered one in) because how loud can a 1.0, 3 cylinder be?!

It is rather loud! Sounds like my partners Skyline!! So its going back in for the silencer to be added and also just some tweaking of the placment of the rear backbox, it just needs another rubber. Took the car to the dealers again, and again they loved it! :D

Overall im very pleased with how the car is coming along...

Thanks for reading! And keep an out out for more updates!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SallyIQ

• sweet-dentist

• tarquin

• DFish

Your exhaust did not sound too loud to me.... stay with it :yes:

Sounds like it's a broken old Fiesta! All show and no go, not for me I'm afraid.

Well im hoping to start saving for a bit more go...but we will see!!

Makes my new exhaust trim look quite tame. :rolleyes:

Overall im very pleased with how the car is coming along...As far as im aware, i have the only IQ in the UK with this amount of modification already! Unless someone else can prove me wrong?

Hmmmm not too sure about that, glad you managed to find the same springs as I got a few months ago. :thumbsup: Enjoy the car in this lovely weather.

Jaine

Ok as far as i know i have the most modified privately owned IQ in the UK unless anyone else can prove me wrong..happy now?!

Yeh i did find out where to get the springs, on my own, as you seemed to want to withhold the information but now your giving it out freely saying they are on eBay, once i told people where i got mine from.

For the simple reason I like to be individual & wanted to modify my little iQ with stuff I found myself from trawling internet & contacts from my early days at Ripspeed/R-Tec. Nothing wrong with being exclusive for a while is there?

I was never in competition with anyone as had done most of it apart from the wheels as really fussy & they need to be right as my colour car is a bit harder to match alloys too. I had done the numberplates/bulbs/tints/lowering/filter etc as & when money allowed. Going to see if a one off header tank can be made, looking at it Saturday. This was the last one they made for me at Bailey Motorsport

ZigsEngine.jpg

Careful with your plates Sally as they are illegally spaced & the fine has just jumped from £30 to £60!

• 9 months later...

Thought I should update this!

Another package arrived!

Inside was this

SDC16228.jpg

Which had this inside

SDC16230.jpg

And this

SDC16229.jpg

From these guys

SDC16231.jpg

Fitted

SDC16241.jpg

SDC16242.jpg

SDC16238.jpg

SDC16239.jpg

I also had to get a new custom exhaust as the old one was done by a very bad garage, but now it is all sorted!

I put my car on a Rolling Road Dyno on Saturday the 10th April, with my induction kit and stainless steel exhaust mods. The standard BHP is 67bhp and I got 75.3bhp which im very pleased with.

I also took part in Round 2 of an event called Toyota Sprint Series which was great fun, but need some tweaks if I decide to do another round. On the lookout for some track wheels now! I have lots of pics on my Facebook profile, just find me and add me : Sally Ingold, I think im the only one on there! And my IQ is my display pic.

Certainly shows the potential of the little cars, gives me a few ideas for mine, however i doubt the other half will let me play on a brand new car for a while!

Glad your enjoying yours!

I have a couple of questions SallyiQ on reading a viewing all your mods. Great pics by the way. They are:

1. How much extra does your insurance cost as a result of all of the modifications you've made? Is it an extra increase for each mod, or just an additional premium for any modification from the original which covers the blanket of changes?

2. In respect of the lowering springs, does this make the ride alot bumpier and restrict the turning circle? I find the ride in the iQ medium firmness and certainly wouldn't want to make it any harder than it is already, you then end up staring at the road dodging all the pot holes (of which there are hundreds at he moment) and not actually enjoying the drive. One of the reasons I bought the iQ was for it's amazing turning circle and certianly wouldn't want to hamper that in any way!

Thanks.

Excellent work, mate! Car looked great on the track the other day :thumbsup:

Paul.

what a waste of money go faster stripes next? if you wanted a racing car you should have bought one, not a iq.

Thats YOUR opinion and you know what a famous movie person said once about opinions? (hint: The dead pool - Dirty Harry Callahan) :thumbsup:

what a waste of money go faster stripes next? if you wanted a racing car you should have bought one, not a iq.

Positive input, nice one mate. Some people just decide on a car they like and modify it a bit to make it personal and stand out from the crowd.

Do you think it looks like a racing car with those mods?

Car looks awesome Sally.

Car looks awesome Sally.

Indeed. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the next update. :thumbsup:

Just been looking at some photos on the TSS website. Your car looks ace. Loving the rising sun filler flap :D .

Great "race face" too. Serious concentration!

Did folding back the mirrors give you the enhanced performance needed to set a good time :D

Good on you. And I hope you do well in your next round

Top stuff Sally,

Your IQ looks great!

Like the wheels and lowering springs, i'd like to do that for mine.

I'd rather go for full new lowered suspension because some lowering spring may make your toyota suspension work too much and get them used quicker.

Another unconstrctive comment made. If you don't like it then don't bother looking at it. :rolleyes:

Project is coming along very well by the looks of things. Nice work so far and the Blitz looks awesome in your bay.

Keep it up and keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Another unconstrctive comment made. If you don't like it then don't bother looking at it. :rolleyes:

Project is coming along very well by the looks of things. Nice work so far and the Blitz looks awesome in your bay.

Keep it up and keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Do you refer to my post or to macabeus ?

I was referring to your post, but you have edited it to make it more constructive rather than simply slating another owners car. :) That, is something I don't mind.

LOL

No edit... but maybe did I wrote some way that doesn't express exactly what I wanted to say... I'm french and not bilingual...

I just meant that i know someone that had this problem and she should be aware of this possibility !