Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hilux Hl3

drskeptical

Hello all

Well, I have been and gone and done it. I have traded in my RAV4 XTR, now 3 years old for a new Hilux Hl3.

I got a real good offer from the dealer, infact when I went to the dealer last year they offered me a lot less than they offered this time round.

They inform me that they are desperate for 2nd hand cars and that is why they are offering more!

How true it is I don't know. What I do know is that last year they offered me 8500.00 may be 9000.00 this time one year on they gave me 12000.00!!

So, I pick up my new pick up on Friday 10th July.

A couple of questions though, what is a "Surf" model? I have not seen these anywhere except on the internet.

What is the fuel economy like? With the RAV I got around 42 to the gallon, on average.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all

Well, I have been and gone and done it. I have traded in my RAV4 XTR, now 3 years old for a new Hilux Hl3.

I got a real good offer from the dealer, infact when I went to the dealer last year they offered me a lot less than they offered this time round.

They inform me that they are desperate for 2nd hand cars and that is why they are offering more!

How true it is I don't know. What I do know is that last year they offered me 8500.00 may be 9000.00 this time one year on they gave me 12000.00!!

So, I pick up my new pick up on Friday 10th July.

A couple of questions though, what is a "Surf" model? I have not seen these anywhere except on the internet.

What is the fuel economy like? With the RAV I got around 42 to the gallon, on average.

Thanks in advance.

auto expect 23-25 manual 27-30

surf is an import and not made anymore

auto expect 23-25 manual 27-30

Oh, well, thats a bit of a shock. Never mind, it's the vehicle I want so I have to pay the price I suppose.

Thanks for the info

Hello all

What is the fuel economy like?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

You don't say if your Hl3 is a 2.5 or a 3.0.

I have a new 09 'facelift' 3.0 Hl3. Before this I had a 2008 08 Hl3 3.0 [both manual and with hardtop and roof bars]. I do alot of short journeys, about five or six miles.

Also I do tow a trailer two or three times a week. Under these conditions [and with the air con on] I get 28 -29 mpg. On a long trip, as when going on Holiday, I have got between 34.5 and 36.5mpg. This is with four occupants, all our gear and doing proper motorway speeds. I reckon if when doing a long journey, if I could manage to drive at 55 - 60 mph, then it would be possible to get the 39 mpg as quoted for 'extra urban'.

What a load of rubbish, they are still made in Japan and in the USA as a 4-Runner.