Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Several Failures

kokoschkabruno

Good morning to all of you,

I'm having Avensis 2.2 4D since end of 2005, I bought it on a 5 year warranty, I assume to be lucky as my car had so many failures like clutch oil lickage (they replaced it) , turbin failure (replaced, full injection system replaced. Last trouble I had is head gasket to be changed (it'll be done in these days). I drove my avensis for 80k Km, I use to keep her in good maintenance (better than my wife' she says) : I never drove faster than 180 Km/h nontheless I'm really worrying and ask myself what will happen to my budget after the end of 2010 when my warranty will expire?

Comparing with my old CArina which is 12 years old and made something like 250k Km without no serious problems, Avensis is a step backward!

Anybody can give me useful advises?

Thks

Kokoschka Bruno

:(

Good morning to all of you,

I'm having Avensis 2.2 4D since end of 2005, I bought it on a 5 year warranty, I assume to be lucky as my car had so many failures like clutch oil lickage (they replaced it) , turbin failure (replaced, full injection system replaced. Last trouble I had is head gasket to be changed (it'll be done in these days). I drove my avensis for 80k Km, I use to keep her in good maintenance (better than my wife' she says) : I never drove faster than 180 Km/h nontheless I'm really worrying and ask myself what will happen to my budget after the end of 2010 when my warranty will expire?

Comparing with my old CArina which is 12 years old and made something like 250k Km without no serious problems, Avensis is a step backward!

Anybody can give me useful advises?

Thks

Kokoschka Bruno

:(

Good morning to you also,

I agree with you about the old Carina, myself and my family have had them trouble free for years. I am led to believe that many of the problems have been addressed by Toyota with the Avenisis 2 so maybe yours will be ok now. I personally would get a new Avensis at the end of the 5 years warranty as the old one has cost you nothing in repairs to date so if you can get the same deal on a new one that would be great ...... providing you have the money to spend in 2010 and that you really like the car. Please increase the maintenance on the wife in the mean time as I am sure this will go in your favour when looking for a new car otherwise she may look for a new man! LOL.

Best regards ...... Pete.

Thnks for yr reply,

what I trying to discover is this: are all my troubles normal or am I unlucky?

In a factory like Toyota there's surely a department control where everything mounted on a car has to pass a sort of checking list that it's almost impossible to have such so several failures all in one car. I learnt Avensis engine is the same as RAV' which seems to be a sturdy car.

Yr advise to buy a new car at the end of 2010 is great I palnned to invest money in journeys rather than buy new car, I'm 68 and the Avensis I' having was support to be the last car!

Bye and thnks

Sadly, British build quality doesn't equal Japanese build quality, I'm sorry to say.

Personally I wouldn't get a new Avensis, would wait and see if they have improved, for five years I had a mk1 Avensis (Carina engine) and it was one of the best cars I've ever owned and it was a Taxi and had done 280k MILES without serious problems.

IMO When Toyota introduced the next phase they drastically went down hill, as a consequence they are hardly any taxis that still use them here now and it was a direct response to how unreliable they have become.

I hope that the new one has ironed out most of the problems but i'm not holding my breath, like the other poster says, cars built in Japan are much better then they are here, why is this???