Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Prius - Service Intervals

s burrow

Hi all,

I know some of u have ordered your new Prius, does anyone have any idea on what the service intervals are?

I know from my Rav and Yaris that they were evry 10k but now it looks like it is "variable"

Any info anybody?

thanks a lot

Steve

I know from my Rav and Yaris that they were evry 10k but now it looks like it is "variable"

Could you explain what you mean by "variable"?

By the way, your definition of service interval is incomplete, as they are normally quoted as both month/mile intervals e.g. typically 12month/10k mile.

Could you explain what you mean by "variable"?

By the way, your definition of service interval is incomplete, as they are normally quoted as both month/mile intervals e.g. typically 12month/10k mile.

My A3 has variable servicing and therfore has no fixed service intervals as such as it relies on the computer to tell you when it needs a service. However it must be serviced at 2 years or 18,000 miles. It uses special longlife oil. Fixed service intervals can be chosen at time of PDI and is then filled with a lesser oil.

My car was new in March 07 and it had its 1st service in November 08, but it only had about 9,000 mile on it. Considering I do such low mileage and mostly in town I was really pleased. I thought I was only just go over a year without a service, but I got much longer. Plus the service was only £225, which for Audi is brilliant I think. At any time I can check on the computer when the next service is due.

Going back to fixed intervals will seem strange, but I am willing to make the change :D

Thanks. Sorry, my brain wasn't in gear, I've heard of the computer telling the owner when the service was due but only on cars like BMWs.

12 Months/10K miles I am reliably informed :rolleyes: Our chaps have just come back off the new model training course, hope they got it right! :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Isn't the current model 9,000 miles or 12 months? Oddly, at the last service the dealer set the servicing reminder to 10,000 miles. Maybe it's because I brought it in early.

Our other car in our household is also an A3 and I can vouch for the variable servicing. We've owned it for almost 5 years since new and it's had just two services in 39,000 miles.