Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Player Won't Accept Discs

Richard Davies

I've got a 2001 Varis & for some reason the built in CD player will not accept a disc, even when I push hard.

Has anyone had this problem & had it be sorted without expert help?

Has the cd player ever worked or has it just developed this fault? Does the radio work? If not it could be a power problem e.g. blown fuse, loose / bad connection etc. Need more info to go on.

The CD player was working fine the last time I played a CD a couple of weeks ago.

The radio has been working fine, so it's not a power problem.

Sounds like somethings jammed in the disc slot.

Has there been small children playong in the car? The places they stick things in is unbeleivable! :lol:

I don't think it's that, mainly because I've not had any children in the car, & I managed to manully push a CD quite far into the slot before realising it wasn't going to pull it all the way in.

I've tried ejecting just in case I already had a CD in the drive.

Do the numbered buttons on the cd player change the radio's presets when listening to the radio? If they do then it's highly likely there is an internal fault with the player, if otherwise then it could be that the connector at the rear of the unit has become disconneted. Best of luck.

the cd grab mechanism could broke ..this happened with my sony cd player in my old car it would have been alot of hassle to fix so in the end i just took it out and bought another one.if the radios working and its the eject /input thats gone then it seems the same fault i had.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links