Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bing Bing Bing!

chan_mal

Ok - Im new to forums and Im new to Toyotas :lol:

I recently purchased an MR2 - W reg.

Every now and again, for no paricular reason that I can see, it sounds three bings!!!! There are no warning lights, it makes no difference if I am driving in third, fourth or fifth gear, or doing 30mph or 60 mph!!! Its not the seat belt alarm either. It is annoying the life out of me - ! I rang the garage where i bought it and he said he didnt know and then suggested it might be the traffic report on the radio??????????

It is quite a loud bing - please can someone shed some light on this???

Many thanks

does it still sound with your radio turned off ?

has your mr2 got an alarm fitted- it may be indicating a fault in the alarm setup somewhere.

does it still sound with your radio turned off ?

has your mr2 got an alarm fitted- it may be indicating a fault in the alarm setup somewhere.

Hi

Thank you for your reply

The alarm works fine and the 'bing bing bing' that I am hearing is a totally different tone to the car alarm. The only way that I can describe it is, you know when you are on a plane and someone presses the button above their head for flight crew assistance - well the tone is similar to that! I am sure that it is nothing to do with anything particulary wrong with the car - but I have no manual with it.

You mentioned the radio - what would be the connection? The 'bing bing bing' sometimes happens at consequetive moments and on some journeys, not at all?

Many thanks

Every now and again, for no paricular reason that I can see, it sounds three bings!!!! There are no warning lights, it makes no difference if I am driving in third, fourth or fifth gear, or doing 30mph or 60 mph!!! Its not the seat belt alarm either. It is annoying the life out of me - ! I rang the garage where i bought it and he said he didnt know and then suggested it might be the traffic report on the radio??????????

Many thanks

Behind the stereo (on a mk2 )there is a black box ,labeled Key reminder, this makes a bing bing noise if the key is in the ignition when you open the door to leave the car ,maybe theres a fault with it

remove this and see if it stops the noise? (if yours has one)

Many thanks

Behind the stereo (on a mk2 )there is a black box ,labeled Key reminder, this makes a bing bing noise if the key is in the ignition when you open the door to leave the car ,maybe theres a fault with it

Hi

Thanks - its a mk3 - there is no way to get behind the stereo and the tone is different to that of having the key in the ignition with the door open and it it louder - have i got a ghost!!!!!

Many thanks

Can anyone else shed any light on this situ - it is driving me to drink!!!!!

Hi

Thanks - its a mk3 - there is no way to get behind the stereo and the tone is different to that of having the key in the ignition with the door open and it it louder - have i got a ghost!!!!!

Try and keep the radio off next time your driving it could be the traffic alert is stuck on i cant think what else it could be if you dont get it sorted try phoning Mr t

and ask a tec guy.

Try and keep the radio off next time your driving it could be the traffic alert is stuck on i cant think what else it could be if you dont get it sorted try phoning Mr t

and ask a tec guy.

Ok - thanks for that - does the traffic alert sound like a 'bing bing bing'? No Crosby jokes please - they have become very tiresome!!!!!

Mine bings and then cuts into the traffic news its a button above the radio its only a guess ill ask a mate see what he thinks ill get back to you soon as poss

Look at your stereo and see if the letters "TA" are showing on the display, if so look at the buttons for the "TA" button and turn it off, as said it could be a traffic announcement coming through.. but as far as I know the stereo would simpl automatically play a traffic announcement from wha\tever channel is broadcasting it, even if you are listening to a CD.

Mine bings and then cuts into the traffic news its a button above the radio its only a guess ill ask a mate see what he thinks ill get back to you soon as poss

Thats really kind - thank you - When i rang the garage where i bought it and explained the 3 bing problem, I could almost hear the guy thinking'Oh! We have a real blonde here'!!! Basically he said that it isnt mechanical as there are no warning lights on the dash coming on! But the fact is, I just bought it and it bings and i want to know why!!! Last night coming home, 3 bings - 5 secs later - another three bings!!!! Then nothing! :ffs:

Look at your stereo and see if the letters "TA" are showing on the display, if so look at the buttons for the "TA" button and turn it off, as said it could be a traffic announcement coming through.. but as far as I know the stereo would simpl automatically play a traffic announcement from wha\tever channel is broadcasting it, even if you are listening to a CD.

Hi - I normally have the radio on - and when the '3 bings' sound, the music continues to play - no traffic announcement kicks in - maybe i should take it back and ask for my Golf GTi back again!!!!! :yahoo:

just been looking at old posts about your bings someone else had the same problem turned out to be a warning from the sony radio is yours sony?

just been looking at old posts about your bings someone else had the same problem turned out to be a warning from the sony radio is yours sony?

Yes it is - what would the warning be for? Strange? Does it not like the radio station i am playing? Seriuosly though - did they find out what the warning was?

They said it was a warning that the radio head was on what ever that means but it was identical to what you said was happening have a look and pm the bloke. Go on the MR2 page and in the search put in warning noises and its a couple of pages in good luck Dave

Just looked at it again the person with the similar problem only beeped when the engine was off the beeps were to remind

you to remove the front of the radio, he said you can disable it,thats if it turns out to be your problem sorry if i got your hopes up

Just looked at it again the person with the similar problem only beeped when the engine was off the beeps were to remind

you to remove the front of the radio, he said you can disable it,thats if it turns out to be your problem sorry if i got your hopes up

Morning - its not a beep - its a definite BING! Anyway - lying awake last night as you do - I wondered the following. If i dont have my seat belt on the symbol on the dash flashes although there is no warning alarm. Do all MR2 have a seatbelt warning alarm? If so, I am wondering if it is that that has malfunctioned and goes off adhoc when i am driving with seatbelt on? Spasmodically? Does this sound possible? If so - could i disable it the way described by presseing the trip and doing the ODO......Blah thing as mentioned in another forum?????

Thanks

Chantal

Do you put anything on the passenger seat?

The passenger seat has a sensor built in so it knows when someone is sitting on it, you then get the seatbelt warning bing telling the passenger to put the belt on.. is your passenger perhaps a bag of shopping or something?

Do you put anything on the passenger seat?

The passenger seat has a sensor built in so it knows when someone is sitting on it, you then get the seatbelt warning bing telling the passenger to put the belt on.. is your passenger perhaps a bag of shopping or something?

Hi davey - thats just the point - my seat belt warning alarm does not work when seat belts are unfastened. I dont put any shopping on the passenger seat, I put it in the foot well. I do occaisionally put my boyfriend in the passenger seat, belt him up and gag him to stop him being a 'back seat driver' - but those occaisins are few and far between!!!!! Generally its only me in my car!

Never heard it in mine but I have heard something similar in trucks that I drive, I agree it annoys the hell out of you when you don't know what it is especially when it is random.....or so I thought, I found the problem to be a warning bing when the radio signal was loosing strength, when I retuned to another station it disappeared, I'm not saying that is your problem but you could try it ;)

Les

• 1 year later...

is it your ETC device error? if not wrong when the etc device got error will encounter this sound..but for jap spec ,im not sure the euro and us spec have this device or not.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links