Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Has Been Damaged

vmail

Do I need to contact the police? and is there a way to get out paying the excess?

Captured CCTV

5370_104644990853_582275853_2075860_6344843_n.jpg

5370_104644930853_582275853_2075850_6088945_n.jpg

5370_104644955853_582275853_2075855_3375805_n.jpg

You will get the access from the the other side if you are fully comp, "i did" and its clear to see who was at fault from the cctv pics but do you have the reg of the vehice ?

Your first move is to get in touch with your ins company, and tell them what you can IE the other reg of the wagon and proof on cctv.

The police would i think only be interested in the drive off after the accident which is an offence in itself.

Good luck with it.

You will get the access from the the other side
huh?

yeah I've got the reg and the phone number of their company

I'll be calling the insurance company on Monday as their systems was offline today

He looks a bit close to the front of your car as well, thought he was touching it, any damage to the front?

Gypo’s?

Yes involve the Police.... it will not harm your case.... good luck :thumbsup:

Yes involve the Police.... it will not harm your case.... good luck :thumbsup:

+1

Give all the information you have to both insurance company and police as soon as possible.

He looks a bit close to the front of your car as well, thought he was touching it, any damage to the front?

Gypos?

An excellent point , to me it looks like the van was touching the front of the car as well .

As regards your excess , its likely you will have to pay it to the repairer of your car, on collection , however this is recoverable from the third party , as long as he is insured ? , of course . If he is not then you will have to pursue the third party through the county court , for your uninsured losses , i have had to this this before , when an uninsured minicab driver smashed into the back of my cab , basically i pay an additional excess on my Taxi Insurance for legal cover , which gives me access to a solicitor to do this for me , however on the occasion with the minicab driver it took him 4 years to pay me in full :lol: Because he was skint and the court ordered that he pay the whopping great amount of , wait for it........... £2.50 a week untill the debt was cleared , he should have paid it a lot sooner but failed to meet his payments on many occasions , and when the bailiffs were sent in , they found that there were no assets to sieze , i always argued though , that his car was worth a few grand , more than enough to pay off his debt so why not sieze that and get another uninsured scumbag off the road at the same time , i never ever got a straight answer to the question though....... Anyway good luck with it all .

Gypo’s?

No, I parked close to him, so that I can put my car near my house, there was a 1 inch gap

Gypo’s?

No, I parked close to him, so that I can put my car near my house, there was a 1 inch gap

Maybe he took exception to this and decided to teach you a lesson , hopefully you will have the last laugh though :thumbsup:

Did he actually just drive off right after that? End of the CCTV video sure looked like it.

Deffo get the Police involved. :thumbsup:

Gypo’s?

Maybe he took exception to this and decided to teach you a lesson , hopefully you will have the last laugh though :thumbsup:

he said it had nothing to do with the parking issue we have (him parking too close to the gate so that I cant get my car in the garage)

Did he actually just drive off right after that? End of the CCTV video sure looked like it.

Deffo get the Police involved. :thumbsup:

no, he parked up

Makes a change somebody not just leaving then.

Hope you get it all sorted without any problems anyway...

Is it the same guy? If so maybe he's been asked for picture proof for his insurance company.

If not, not a clue! Maybe they just think it's a funny picture?

many people will take pictures incase the person who's claiming agaisnt them try to make it look worse than it already was.

yeah its the same guy

I'd imagine it could be to do with his insurance company. Both reasons above... Proof of the damage and to ensure you don't try and claim for more damage than he did.

'Cos alot of people do! Gits.

You are meant to contact the Police if there is an acident and either someone is seriously injured, or one party fails to give insurance details. The latter would cover this case!

Why do you feel the need to keep posting about this??

Do the Police and Insurance companies need the views of a car forum??

:lol: