Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Tyre Pressures For 2008 Sr With 16" Wheels

alfiejts

After ringing up when I got the car and not getting a sensible answer, I wrote to Toyota recently asking about tyre pressures for the 2008 SR.

I've just received an official letter confirming the tyre pressures for the 2008 SR Yaris with 16 inch wheels and 195/50-16 tyres are:

Front: 35psi or 2.4 bar

Rear: 32psi or 2.2 bar

Extract from Toyota UK letter:

Thank you for your email dated 8 July and for providing details of your vehicle registration.

For models fitted with 195/50/16 tyres, the correct tyre pressure for normal driving (under 100mph):

Kpa (kgf/cm² or Bar, psi)

Tyre Size Wheel size Front Rear

195/50/16 16 X 7J 240 (2.4, 35) 230 (2.2, 32)

• 1 month later...

or instead you could of looked inside the glove box door and it tells you the psi and bar of your vehicles tyre pressures.

Nope - you're wrong I'm afraid. Neither the manual nor the glovebox have the pressures for 16 inch wheels fitted as standard to the 2008 SR. (well they didn't on either of my September 2008 cars - they may have done later....)

They only show pressures for up to 15 inch wheels - and the pressures vary by model and wheel size....

Been trying to get a definitive answer from a dealer or Toyota since the car was new.....

Pray tell me what's wrong with having a new chat based on information in an old thread?

I suspect quite often we'll get new members who join and trawl through many older threads which might generate queries or observations. Surely just because they weren't around at the time isn't a reason they can't join in and contribute?

Or maybe some members who only visit the site infrequently and may spot an older thread that came in since their last visit that's relevant.

We also tell people that its good forum practice not to simply post new queries that are duplicates of things already discussed, but to search for the info they need in older threads where the answers may already be - and that process will inevitably then lead to people asking further questions against the old postings...

So I'm sorry - I don't see there's any issue here...

Are you suggesting that any thread more than four weeks old should be locked and incapable of being posted to again?

If it’s a legitimate reply then I see no problem, if he started a new thread people would jump down his throat and tell him to use the ‘Search’ function. Can’t win either way :(

Ill reply to what i want thanks. i dont need people telling me what i can post, or maybe do u fancy paying my subscription, in which case go ahead and feel free to tell where and when i can post.

Anyway. if the size of the rims arnt in the glove box then they could possibly be port of entry fit (the wheels fitted at the docks once arrived in england not at the factory.

im running R16/205/55 summer tires. i dont know how much the guy inflated then he was mounting them up but 2bars i think is normal (i used to have other cars and was doing 2bars) if u see its not enaught, u can inflate a bit more. and no there isnt info on the glovebox, only standart is there.