Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Paint Colour

hedge32

Can anyone tell me if they have managed to purchase a spray that matches their alloy wheels. I have a 2005 Avensis tourer and the passenger side wheel has been badly kerbed. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Richard

I need to get paint too. My wheels are kerbed damaged thanks to previous owner.

Smooth silver Hammerite worked on my old '06 Corolla's alloys, it was a perfect match. I sprayed it on with an airbrush though.

Can anyone tell me if they have managed to purchase a spray that matches their alloy wheels. I have a 2005 Avensis tourer and the passenger side wheel has been badly kerbed. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Richard

Try Car Plan 'wheel paint' (thats all it says on the can) if it's still available. Painted my son's alloy wheels on his Corsa with it a few years ago. Also repaired a scratched alloy motorcycle clutch cover and it matched nicely.

It's Acrylic based and can be sprayed over with clear Acrylic lacquer to get a deep shine.

P.S. if you are painting over bare alloy, it needs to be primed with self etch primer first, whatever paint you use to finish.

where do I get self etch primer from? ;)

Probably the only place you will find it is from a vehicle refinishers supplier, a motor factors that supplies the trade with paint and body materials. It is an acidic primer that 'etches' into the surface of the ally and usually consists of primer and activator which when mixed, must be used or thrown away, it will not keep on the shelf once activated.

There may be newer versions available now but I am not sure, you will need to ask at a paint supplier.

Hope this is of some assistance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links