Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Help For An Avensis D4d 03 116hp

toblerone69

hello to all,

i looked around on the web but i cannot found some info's about my avensis

110'000km (buyed new)

all services and 'syncro belt' in a toyota service

i have 3 probs, and if you can help me is well accepted:

1) the mayor one: the car seems to have only 50/60hp: very slow accelleration, max speed about 160kmh (100mph), and the fifth speed is pretty inusable with 3 men on the car (and seem that does not make smoke), alone is impossible to use it under 65kmh

2) clutch command make some noise (outside the cockpit) and since the noise started is very 'Heavy'

3) many back lamps broken (the front was repaired in warranty, and the problems stopped), eg today i changed 4! back lamps (3 stop-lights and a directional one)

all these 3 prob was noticed in the warranty period but the 2 toyota services that i tried, report to me that all was normal, but for sure is not so :(

now the warranty is gone, and i'd like to understand what can be for try to repair they (with the help of another brand chief mechanic friend)

i'm happy of this car and my other SOLID AS A ROCK toyota pickup, i like the brand (but not the local services..): the probs are minor (not the power one) and are not so heavy, my Audi had less minor but some BIG probs.. :(

i hope to read some suggestion/help

thanks in advance and sorry for the bad english language

best regards

prob 2 solved:

was so simple.. a bit of lube on the clutch pump shaft, after removing the plastic cover: noise, and 'heavy' gone

any suggestions for the prob 1 and 3 are well accepted

thanks in advance

edit: for prob 1, with the mechanical friend we detached the egr valve and cleaned it, but he said that was not so dirty: is it possible to verify if it is in a working condition or not?

really thanks for the reply

the egr is clean now

is it possible verify if egr eand maf are in a working condition or is possible only swap they with a new one?

i ordered an eml327 cable, can it helps?

i'll change the fuel filter promptly, thanks for the suggestion

really thanks for the reply

the egr is clean now

is it possible verify if egr eand maf are in a working condition or is possible only swap they with a new one?

i ordered an eml327 cable, can it helps?

i'll change the fuel filter promptly, thanks for the suggestion

Hello, you can certainly try testing the maf by unplugging it and see if it the engine runs any different (worse), i know this isn't conclusive evidence that is at fault but if it runs the same as when it is plugged in then the maf may be causing the problem. :thumbsup: The fuel filter has been suggested by cmia when you have changed it let us know how you get on.

Regards .... Pete.

Ciao, si può certamente provare a testare il MAF scollegando e vedere se il motore gira diversa (peggiore), so che questa è la prova inconfutabile che non è esente da colpa, ma se viene eseguito lo stesso di quando si è collegato in poi il MAF può essere la causa del problema. thumbsup.gif il filtro del carburante è stato suggerito da cmia quando hai cambiato farci sapere come si ottiene. Saluti .... Pete.

• 4 weeks later...
you need to look at..... egr

maf

fuel filter

finally i had the time for change it...

:thumbsup: FUEL FILTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to all!

maf

fuel filter

thanks to all!

Fantastico! And also Valentino Rossi took the Moto GP World title today!!!!!!!!!!!! :toast:

Regards Pete.

maf

fuel filter

thanks to all!

good :)

• 2 weeks later...

:(((((

yesterday appeared (in the same time) the engine warning, the vsc one and the trc/off (pushing the trc switch does not change) :(

i tried connecting a diagnostic device (elm one) and it report to me: P0380-Glow plug/heater circuit "A" (my english is not so good: is one of the 4 pre-heating unit on the engine? , if so, why appeared in the same time of the vsc and trc one? can be related???)

for sure the fuel filter change and the egr clean that i done some days ago are not related to it, is that true?

thanks in advance for any reply

regards

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links