Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Prius T4 Voice Recogition

Batsran

Hello,

I've had our T4 for over a month now and still cannot understand what the voice button on the steering wheel does!

Coming from a RAV t180 which had excellent voice commands I cannot seem to do anything with the Prius.

When pairing our phones it insists on recording a voice tag, and also when storing numbers on the stereo again voice tags.

The only time I hear these is when I press the dial button on the steering wheel and then press a number from 1-6 on the stereo, pressing dial once more if I want to make the call. To switch between handsets is not straight forward, and seemingly can only be done when the car is stationary.

Has anyone found a use for this button - or is it just a throw back from the T Spirit's more advanced system (the one that has out of date maps :P )

Sounds like Toyota fitted the wrong steering wheel in the factory. The brochure picture of the T4 dash just shows the two circular button groups, not the phone/voice control buttons on the LH side.

Take it back to the dealer and tell them they forgot the satnav/phone/voice control electronics. :rolleyes:

Thanks, the broucher has the wrong pics. Even the spec at the back of the same broucher states it has the bluetooth handsfree buttons on the steering wheel. After trying again tonight in the car the voice button appears to work, ie press it - and after the bleep say either a recorded name or "redial".

I wonder if there are any other commands other than "redial".

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Thanks, the broucher has the wrong pics. Even the spec at the back of the same broucher states it has the Bluetooth handsfree buttons on the steering wheel. After trying again tonight in the car the voice button appears to work, ie press it - and after the bleep say either a recorded name or "redial".

I wonder if there are any other commands other than "redial".

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

I've just had a look at the T4 specs. Unlike the Gen II, the T4 has bluetooth built in. In which case, it sounds as though you have the phone part of the voice control as well. I don't know how this works without the Nav screen, but you could try the following:

• Dial by name - assumes you have set up voice tags
  • Dial by number - say the number as a continuous string

I would have expected these to be in your manual. If not, let me know, and I'll get you a full list from mine

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links