Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Painted My Calipers

Corrolla18

Just finished painting my calipers, went for red to contrast with silver and to key in with red t - sport badging. See what you think :)

tn_gallery_92273_1141_38611.jpg

tn_gallery_92273_1141_62808.jpg

tn_gallery_92273_1141_60106.jpg

tn_gallery_92273_1141_39403.jpg

Did mine today aswell, went for silver the colour they were originaly, IMO red looks to boyracerish.

I think the red goes well with the silver and good colour coding but red calipers is too common.

I opted for the silver which brings them up nicely.

Anyway nice job mate.

Looking good mate, give a car a nice fresh look

Cheers for the comments guys. I know red's a bit common but I'm planning a whole red theme under the bonnet so this will tie in.

Looks pretty damn good. I painted mine in Hammerite red. I may be doing them in gloss black one day but for now the red will keep them standing out nicely! :D

nice, i have a blue silver corolla and want to paint my callipers. how do you do it or where could i get it done?

nice, i have a blue silver corolla and want to paint my callipers. how do you do it or where could i get it done?

A garage with respray and mechanical facilities should be able to do it, or you could remove them yourself and save on some labour charges. There seems to be quite a shared opinion on here that Hammerite is a good paint and that you should do it with the callipers removed. :yes:

Left mine on to do them as long as the car is jacked in the middle on you use axle stands either side aswell it is not a problem.

Use a couple of different size wire wheels on a drill and a couple of different size wire brushes and you can get all the crap off.

Mine look just as good doing them this way as any I have seen that have been taken off to be done, as long as you are carefull when it comes to painting then it is not a problem, for painting I also used Hammerite

It's not that hard to do you just need to take your time and use plenty of coats of paint. I did the job with the calipers on the car and used a medium and small brush. Again not hard just take time and allow each coat to become touch dry. I used hammerite smooth red paint. Prep'd the area with pre paint wipes(like you use for bodywork). Take time when prep'ing to ensure a good clean surface.

Would say if you had it done pro then you could get a slightly better finish i.e powder coat but in my opinion better spending the day doing it yourself.

Might sound obvious but dont paint any seals, moving parts, bolts or boots and be careful to not overpaint onto these as you could end up with a problem.

cheers

I used a 3 piece Caliper Paint set to do mine. Never faded. Just a tad dirty... haha

Did 'em while on the car, looked amusing as the car was on axlestands overnight when doing it...

I also opted for Red, as I have a red car :P

I did five coats of paint on mine, letting it harden for 24hrs each coat so none of it was squishy when applying the next coat. They look orange in this picture because of my iPhone camera but look at a red CTS and it's pretty well exactly the same as that:

2010FEB-APRIL037.jpg

Red looks mint IMO anyway, like you said matches the T-sport badge. You in Darren btw lol

Yeah I'm in Darren :thumbsup:

I've used the laquer in the past and it is really good - had it on my previous car for 7 years and it never faded or chipped.

I did five coats of paint on mine, letting it harden for 24hrs each coat so none of it was squishy when applying the next coat. They look orange in this picture because of my iPhone camera but look at a red CTS and it's pretty well exactly the same as that:

2010FEB-APRIL037.jpg

I made less mess than that with mine left on the car :lol:

What paint did you use? Says on hammerite to apply the coats within four hours of the previous coat.

Couldn't have gone without the car for five days :blink: 24 hours between coats, five coats :blink: Hammerite Silver four coats in three hours :thumbsup:

I don't drive so it's fine for me, I'd normally let it dry for 24hrs, works well with most paints. I can't stand the streaking it makes when the paint is moist. And also when I did mine it was in a freezing garage over winter. That picture was taken when I could be bothered to put on the last coat and it baked off in the sun. B)

:lol: yeh the mess was bad but that's the beauty of not having it on the car. :P I used Hammerite Smooth Red. :D

I don't drive so it's fine for me, I'd normally let it dry for 24hrs, works well with most paints. I can't stand the streaking it makes when the paint is moist. And also when I did mine it was in a freezing garage over winter. That picture was taken when I could be bothered to put on the last coat and it baked off in the sun. B)

:lol: yeh the mess was bad but that's the beauty of not having it on the car. :P I used Hammerite Smooth Red. :D

Looks good mate, !Removed! easier to paint anyway when you can just throw it on and not all over the car.

Did mine in baking sun and all dried and finished in a few hours.

I did mine red to looks smart behind the tsc wheels, but I also painted the centre of the disc brake in black just makes it look clean!

I did mine red to looks smart behind the tsc wheels, but I also painted the centre of the disc brake in black just makes it look clean!

Yeah I was going to do them black to but I did have thoughts of doing them in the same red - still not made my mind up yet.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links