Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 D4D Head Gasket Problems

D1 gUNN

Hi everyone,

I have a Toyota Auris T180 and recently the engine overheated while on a long run.

I have since found out that the head gasket is damaged and needs replaced.

I was just wondering if anyone had any similar experiences with this engine acros the toyota range.

Cheers.

Hi everyone,

I have a Toyota Auris T180 and recently the engine overheated while on a long run.

I have since found out that the head gasket is damaged and needs replaced.

I was just wondering if anyone had any similar experiences with this engine acros the toyota range.

Cheers.

Just search the forum... :(

This engine is getting notorious for head gasket failure have a look through this forum and you will find that this is becoming a very serious issue. it affects all the 2.2 range to various degrees. I myself have had mine let go and it wrecked the engine £7000k plus mine is now under investigation by trading standards as Toyota have no official extended warranty for cars that are more than 3 years old and over the 60.000 mile laughable warranty. Toyota ofered parts only with me to foot the labour and consumables which i have refused to do as this vehicle was sold with a potential fault which toyota and the dealerships were aware of at the point of sale. You will see that various people have had various outcomes with the dealerships and toyota not always good . Toyota are trying to sweep this under the carpet and avoid responsibility for this design cockup. I did a little test myself by e-mailing sellers of cars with this engine asking if the head gasket had been changed by toyota all dealers by the way, result 7 out of 20 had had gasket work either within or out of warranty to varying degrees< that in itself tells a story. Good luck with you problem unless you are still within the warranty period and have a comprehensive service history DONT expect any sympathy from cutomer relations. By the way my avensis is just 2 years old 72.000miles pretty crap for what is supposed to be a quality car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links