Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Avensis Heavy Clutch...why?

gogazzago

2004 avensis d4d.....140k miles......my clutch is very heavy indeed.....i think this is a hydraulic operated clutch so no cables to seize up.....any ideas guys????my foot hurts when ive done 8 hours...its used as a taxi !!!!!!!!!!! i could really do with gettin this done....

2004 avensis d4d.....140k miles......my clutch is very heavy indeed.....i think this is a hydraulic operated clutch so no cables to seize up.....any ideas guys????my foot hurts when ive done 8 hours...its used as a taxi !!!!!!!!!!! i could really do with gettin this done....

[/quote

Hi mate, this problem usually points to a failing clutch/dual mass flywheel assembly, it's not a cheap job so get a few quotes from garages that are going to use quality replacement parts and give you a decent warranty.:yes:.

Regards ... Pete.

A heavy clutch is a typical sign of a tired pressure plate assembly and can affect any car whether it has a DMF or not. At least you'll need to have a replacemnt cluch fitted but the condition of the DMF can only realistically be assesed with the clutch removed. If it is found to be faulty it may be worth coinsidering fitting a solid flywheel which will be cheaper and as many cab drivers have discovered it works just as well.:)

........same problem on my 2003 avensis,....got a new flywheel&clutch and there's a big difference now.........cost me €850,for parts&labour

cheers guys.....i had the flywheel prob on a vectra...now that was costly....the clutch does feel smooth and i hope the dmf is ok to continue with....i always thought the pressure plates got lighter when worn ????? however i expect you guys know...many thanks for taking the time to comment...gaz