Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4.3 Water Ingress

stewyinpagham

Anybody had a wet passenger side footwell in a 4.3? The 'upper' carpet is soaked but the lower is dry! I've removed the glove box lower trim and center consul side trim and had a look up behind the fuse box. Nothing really visable, but there was 1x drip on the bottom of the heater box. The coolant level doesn't seem to be going down and there are no antifreeze tell-tail streaks around the heater box. The ?air-con? drain on the bottom of the heater box appears to be clear and is a tight fit through the grommit in the NSF floor pan. I have had a windscreen replacement but that was 3K miles ago and It survived the european downpour last month with no problems. Any thoughts on scuttle drains etc??

I could accept (or not and get a refund) from new and a right P.I.T.A.it would be, but suddenly at 40K? I've had the car from new so I know its history and this is a new gremlin.

Has anybody got a working link to the TSB about sealing the heater intake / foam fudge?

Thanks Anchorman, o-guru of the RAV. The windscreen fitters have agreed to remove the screen as they suspect it my be 'their' leak. It will be a good chance to check if this foam was damaged during fitting?

Yeah, just have a good look that everything is in order at the same time.

hi

had the same problem with my 4..has the cove under the wipers been taken off at all ?..if it has not been put on proper,water will drip on to pollen

filter and on to the carpet.i advise to take it off (only 2 clips)and make sure it is pushed on firmly......

Oooh, I think I have a similar problem in my 55 reg XT4!

It's one of the things I was going to post about - thanks. :thumbsup:

Spot on everybody. Took car back to Autoglass in Southampton who were going to fit another screen and guess what was missing... the foam strip. Not a sign of it anywhere???? Thanks for all the 'inputs' and the TSB.