Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anothher Corolla Wrc/tte Replica

So I bought a G6R

I couldn't resist this when it came up but now I'm in a bit of dilemma.

I've been VERY keen on a TTE rear spoiler for my G6R, and this having a TTE front bumper as well was the icing on the cake for me. The wheels I am considering re-spraying a different colour (possibly anthracite grey) and putting them on the G6R as the tyres are very good on them.

The Car is a 1998/S plate with nearly 140k miles on it so is a bit leggy.

01052011288.jpg

01052011287.jpg

01052011293.jpg

So my thoughts are to take the spoiler, bumper, and wheels off and replace with no rear spoiler or standard small black one, a standard white bumper (top half sprayed) and some G6 wheels I have.

I know this would mean the car is no longer a WRC/TTE replica, but I can't see any other way I am likely to get these parts for my car, so what are you lots thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• So I bought a G6R

• PaulinhoT

• Ben_G6

• pikey009

i think its a good idea, better than it ending up in a scrap yard eh?

Yes Sizzla, my thoughts exactly. If it had been a 70k FSH minter, I wouldn't have even thought about doing it... :thumbsup:

Why the hell not eh? It'll beef up your G6R and they're probably rarer!

I cant wait any longer for tte wing - I'm gonna order the Fk replica! However I'm not sure why but I'm not that keen on the tte bumper... I don't know what it is but it just stands out too much from the rest of the car? They are cool but am I too worried about not having one? Not really. But a great kit to have on your G6R to enforce it's rally credentials!

I say unbolt 'em of that White one get them sprayed up and turn your g6r into a head turner and genuinely rare car!

PS are they TTE springs on that?? Could be worth pinching or if you don't want them I might buy em off you!!

Hi Ben, thanks for the comments. Agreed, I'm not 100% sure about the front bumper, but the rear spoiler is a definite. The car does have TTE springs on it but I don't want to pay to get some more, it wouldn't be worth it time and hassle wise. I'm not looking to break the car, just to relieve it of its rarer parts and replace with standard ;->

By the way, for anyone that hasn't driven a lowered 'rolla, I must say it's not worth the hassle. Motorways are great, you can't tell the difference but get to speed-bump central and hearing graunching and getting serious front-end bouncing at 10mph really is boring!

ha ha i can definatly vouch for the lack of ride comfort on a lowered corolla, mine is stupidly low and offers a much worse ride compared to the gt4 which is lowered 37mm on 18's. i say go for it and remove the parts you want. i love the front bumper but understand what you are all saying as it looks abit out of place thats why im making my own wrc vented light surround very soon to blend it in with the car. i love the cars in white though to be honest.

your car is identicle to mine even with the same ****ty interior, id like to get hold of a crashed g6 or g6r to be honest

oh and also, are your front fogs working? if yes then could you post pics up of the wiring as mine appear to be half wired in with some wire missing ie the wires going to the dash

That's a nice looking car (prefer red myself :yahoo: )

So here's my take on it, I preffer the MiM alloys over the G6 wheels, as I do the front bumper and rear hatch spoiler. I would take off all the bits get them sorted and sprayed and then fit them to your G6. I would also keep the G6 parts just incase you want to change it back.

As for 140k that's nothing on a Japanese toyota engine ;)

The ride height looks about the same as my TTE, and yes on a smooth road surface it's really nicely balanced, although it has a tendency to bounce at high speed, but on pot holes and rough roads, well it bottoms out a lot, but hey hoy :yahoo:

If you do break it, or split it, could you sell me the rear passanger side seat belt panel clip, the one just below the window.. as mine has vanished lol

She looks like a decent small project mate, I hate seeing them go to the scrappers.... :thumbsup:

KP

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments. Its funny how the ride height isn't much lower than my G6r but I've not scraped that on anything yet, whereas the first trip out in this and go into speed-bump-central and I wished I'd turned around and gone the long way back!

Pikey - the front fogs aren't working - they're absolutely shafted! The glass is gone in them and the bulb holders have rusted and cracked, not sure what I can do about these really other than spray them silver and put some clear perspex in front of them and have them as dummy fog lights if PaulinhoT can't find us any glass for a sensible price! Either that or I'll go down to my local glass cutters and get them to cut me up some out of shatter proof glass ;->

Re the wiring - I've no idea at the moment what the score is with them as I have to get some bulbs and thats assuming the holders will still work after being out in the elements for X months/years. Aren't yours wired up at all?

PaulinhoT - yes, I agree, I do like these wheels and will probably get them re-sprayed instead of the G6r wheels. I've seen the G6r wheels in silver and another in anthracite and they don't do much for me, plus, these have very good tyres on them. We'll have to wait and see what I end up doing but funds are tight at the moment (!Removed! cars, they suck up all your money).

Re breaking it, no, this is not an option as I didn't buy the car for that. Its a case of off with the rear spoiler, wheels, and front bumper, find a replacement front bumper and then I will sell on the car. With an oil and filter change its still got many miles left in it, and with a 1300 engine its cheap on the fuel and tax.

Cheers for the comments guys, looks like I've got the right plans for it.

ive traced the wires from the lights to a relay type box. a pos and neg run from that to the Battery and then another wire dissappears below the Battery. when im next with the car im going to drop the front end as it is lose from being incorrectly fitted from the re spray so i can then inspect the wiring, remove the Battery then secure correctly, glue the light seals, trace that wire and do a few other things. but im not with the corolla for the next two weeks as im up on camp with the celica so itll all have to wait

My car is in storage 25 miles away from me so I can't take a look at it for a while as tied up with work - not that it would mean anything as electrics are not my strong point!

Good luck

My fog light wires go back to a switch that is on the center console..

Ahh, cheers Paul - I'll take a look next time I'm with the car. Thanks!

Do you reckon they'd need to be working for the MOT? (ie, if they're there, they must work ruling...)

Yes it will need fixing, if you have it, it needs to work!

KP

My fog light wires go back to a switch that is on the center console..

i dont seem to have a fog light switch mate thats the strange thing, do you have any pics of your switch or where your wire routes through your engine bay?

My GF's Polo has front fogs but they are not wired in and it passed the MOT just fine! Can't say for certain whether it'll be okay though...

G6R - I just ordered the FK TTE replica spoiler (though the advert doesn't actually state its a replica so you never know...) - I'll let you know how I get on as my G6 will be going into the body shop soon to have the rear bumper resprayed, nearside bump strips resprayed and the new spoiler sprayed up and fitted :thumbsup: Cant Wait!!!

I went to Toyota to see how much new bump strips are and for all three on one side its £179 as they only come painted!! :blink:

Anways are you any further with removing those TTE goodies from the donor?

I'll be interested to see what your copy looks like Ben. I see some guy on eBay flogging replicas of the TTE spoiler for £110 + shipping! You could always remove the side bumpstrips altogether???

I'm not going to be removing things for at least a month yet, need to get a couple of urgent projects sorted first, then I can devote time to the car ;->

Will be interested to see how your car looks afterwards.

---

KP - cheers mate, I may have to blank them off in that case with some white perspex ;->

My dad has found the perfect candidate to fill over the front fog-lights - Chappie dog food tincan tops! Those siliconed in and sprayed white = the winner! :thumbsup:

My dad loves these little mini-projects. He always shakes his head when he sees them, then can't wait to do a bit of tinkering when my backs turned ;)

I dont seem to have a fog light switch mate thats the strange thing, do you have any pics of your switch or where your wire routes through your engine bay?

Here we go, the switch looks OEM but the wires don't ? I didn't want to take the entire console out, and sorry for the pictures being a little :censor:

Switch.jpg

Switch1.jpg

As for the wires in the engine bay, they don't, they go from the back of the lamps into the loom (as far as I can see) ?

On my Corolla SR I have a front fog switch in that postion.

Hmmm maybe its an SR thing ? as I said the switch looks OEM.

when I bought my SR i had an option front bumper fitted (not the TTE one) which had fog lights as standard. I think the fog light wiring is in place from the factory but isn't connected up unless fog lights are fitted.

Strange - on my G6 the coin rack is where your fog light switch is and I have the alarm LED where your coin rack is :S

My fog switch is on the indicator stalk... Cause the fogs were standard I guess?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links