Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steel Wheels

webleymk3

Where would one pick up some cheap steel wheels for a 2007 Rav????

I genuinely have no idea where to even start!!!

Cheers

Cheers

Depends what you mean by cheap Weblers.

THESE are available and they might do a deal on 4. I'm sure Kingo could quote you a favourable price for same.

Cheers

THESE are available and they might do a deal on 4. I'm sure Kingo could quote you a favourable price for same.

Cheers

I've trawled the bay of fleas. Saw that one and that's not what I'd consider cheap!! It is brand new afterall!!!

I'm thinking second hand wheels from some sort of breaker..

Cheers

Cheers

I've trawled the bay of fleas. Saw that one and that's not what I'd consider cheap!! It is brand new afterall!!!

AFIK the only wheels, other than RAV ones, that have the same PCD and bore are Lexus. Even they have a slightly different offset. Sort of narrows your options.

4.2 RAV wheels will fit but genuine ones only up to 16" diameter so you would need to increase the tyre profile to keep the same rolling radius :unsure:

Cheers

Cheers

AFIK the only wheels, other than RAV ones, that have the same PCD and bore are Lexus. Even they have a slightly different offset. Sort of narrows your options.

4.2 RAV wheels will fit but genuine ones only up to 16" diameter so you would need to increase the tyre profile to keep the same rolling radius :unsure:

....and there seems to be a breaker over here in Scotland's first city that has Rav 4,2's breaking (on eBay as Japaneseaoutoparts) so maybe worth a look.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Now I don't know where you could buy them.

But for anyone looking, and you don't know what size to look for (and for any other tyre/ wheel setup), goto myTyres and select "Complete wheels" from the left-hand side menu. They have a database of manufacturers and models, and if you work your way through the drop down menus, it will eventually show you your size options.

So steel wheels for a RAV4 4WD 2006+ 2.2 D-4D are:

* 6½ x 16, 5 x 114.30 x 60.00, ET: 45.00 5-hole steel wheel (probably will be the same for all RAVs).

Edit1 - for those wondering:

* 6½ = width (inches)

* 16 = wheel diameter (inches)

* 5 = five studs or holes for bolting onto the car

* 114.3 = pitch circle diameter (mm) and is a circle drawn through the centre of the wheel's bolt holes.

* 60 = centre bore (mm) and is the hole at the centre of the wheel that fits over your hub.

* ET = offset (45mm) and every car has its own offset. It is where the outside of the wheel needs to be in relation to the bodyline of the vehicle.

And so you will be on 16" wheels, you need to get a tyre that has the correct rolling circumference for your RAV. But again, the database for "Complete wheels" shows tyres to go with those wheels:

215/70 R16.

Edit2:

* 215 = tyre width (mm)

* 70 = aspect ratio or profile of the tyre(%) and is compared with the tyre width. So the tyre wall height is 215mm x 70% = 150.5mm

* 16 = diameter (inches) of the wheel rim the tyre is to be fitted on.

And you will also get index and ratings like 99H:

* 99 = Load index or load carrying capacity, and is read from a Table = 775kg

* H = Speed rating or top speed capability, and is read from a Table = 130mph

Usually do not drop below the OEM tyre's load index. Speed rating is up to you, but if you are comparing prices on tyres which offer 112mph and 149mph, usually the 112mph speed rating will be cheaper and will more than do you for UK legal driving (unlike Big Kev in his 186mph rated Yokohamas :toast: ).

Now there may be other combinations of tyres, and myTyres will be just showing what they have. But it's a pretty good shortcut if you don't know where to start.

I can do the wheels but brand new of course, I dont do second hand. I can better the Pentagon price

Kingo :thumbsup:

120 Quid per wheel for steelies ?? Flaming heck !! All the eBay stuff is crazy prices !! I have just sourced 4 WSP Catania wheels for My car for just over £700

See here But this is not where I am getting them from !!

http://www.performancealloys.com/wheel-details.aspx?ID=1757

With Tyres Its bang on 1500 quid but it could cost Me more if I cant make certain trips so Thats the route I'm taking

Finding a spare set of wheels for the Rav is extremely hard indeed and I have been looking for several months now ! The breakers want around 600 quid for a set of scabby kerbed wheels (Alloys) With knackered tyres ... Yeh right ........ Fit them with a set of new boots and a refurbishment and We are back to square one .....

120 Quid per wheel for steelies ?? Flaming heck !! All the Ebay stuff is crazy prices !! I have just sourced 4 WSP Catania wheels for My car for just over £700

With Tyres Its bang on 1500 quid but it could cost Me more if I cant make certain trips so Thats the route I'm taking

Finding a spare set of wheels for the Rav is extremely hard indeed and I have been looking for several months now ! The breakers want around 600 quid for a set of scabby kerbed wheels (Alloys) With knackered tyres ... Yeh right ........ Fit them with a set of new boots and a refurbishment and We are back to square one .....

Agreed Charlie. Its a joke.... My ideal would be to get some second hand OEM wheels. I already have one. Could yoink the one off the back and replace with a cheap steelie, so at minimum i need 2 alloys....

Mrs Webblers has decided it's too much to spend. I could justify it given it's an investment however i was reminded we are trying to save to move house and as such this would be an unnecessary expense!

I'll keep looking tho... might even sneak a cheeky we purchase without asking!!! Go on, dare me!

Weblers...

120 Quid per wheel for steelies ?? Flaming heck !! All the Ebay stuff is crazy prices !! I have just sourced 4 WSP Catania wheels for My car for just over £700

Agreed Charlie. Its a joke.... My ideal would be to get some second hand OEM wheels. I already have one. Could yoink the one off the back and replace with a cheap steelie, so at minimum i need 2 alloys....

Mrs Webblers has decided it's too much to spend. I could justify it given it's an investment however i was reminded we are trying to save to move house and as such this would be an unnecessary expense!

I'll keep looking tho... might even sneak a cheeky we purchase without asking!!! Go on, dare me!

Weblers...

I Dare Ya !!!! Mate living in Scotland and travelling south at Christmas is or could be a bit of a chore.. In fact the trip down last Christmas on the 23rd of December was a true nightmare !! OK Of course We were often stuck in traffic but having the confidence in the car You are driving is a necessity for Me at least ! I also believe in prepping not just the Rav for Winter but all of My cars or vans as best as possible is well worth doing.

1500 quid is a heck of a price to pay but what price do You put on safety and having a happy Wife at Christmas ??

Have You seen these ?? Not a bad price ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Rav4-16-Alloy-wheels-2-wheels-only-/260861277780?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item3cbc8b3654#ht_575wt_1037

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links