Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Autocar Mag. Comparison Of Iq To New Vw Up

barrycoll

just reading an Oct. Autocar, where there is a comparison of the IQ with the very new VW Up..........very interesting reading, and I quote...

"Jump out of the UP and into the Toyota, and the difference in feel is marked.

Surprisingly, the IQ feels more upmarket, weightier, and more like a car from a class, or even TWO classes, above. Bizarre when it weighs so little. The driver sits higher, and has a particularly good view of the road ahead. The front of the cabin wide and spacious, and the seats are very comfortable......................this IQ is decisively quicker away from rest than the VW, and ...more comfortable in urban conditions than its rival here.

In the IQ, the driver feels satisfyingly isolated from the surrounding chaos.........Its a better car than most would give it credit for, but it comes across as more a second car for the child free, an indulgence next to sharp, and smartly practical VW......on the other hand, the IQ feels almost limo like in this company....

Toyota though, is missing a trick with this IQ. It should build a stretched 4 seater version, that would result in an even more premium feeling car, and quite possibly give the Golf a run for its money"

so there you have it folks...........from the horses mouth, we all have bought ourselves a (small) gem

cheers barryc

Naaaaice.... "we have a winner" ... :thumbsup::yahoo:

Toyota makes the Aygo, so I do not think they will make a more expensive / exclusive one... :crybaby:

just reading an Oct. Autocar, where there is a comparison of the IQ with the very new VW Up..........very interesting reading, and I quote...

"Jump out of the UP and into the Toyota, and the difference in feel is marked.

Surprisingly, the IQ feels more upmarket, weightier, and more like a car from a class, or even TWO classes, above. Bizarre when it weighs so little. The driver sits higher, and has a particularly good view of the road ahead. The front of the cabin wide and spacious, and the seats are very comfortable......................this IQ is decisively quicker away from rest than the VW, and ...more comfortable in urban conditions than its rival here.

In the IQ, the driver feels satisfyingly isolated from the surrounding chaos.........Its a better car than most would give it credit for, but it comes across as more a second car for the child free, an indulgence next to sharp, and smartly practical VW......on the other hand, the IQ feels almost limo like in this company....

Toyota though, is missing a trick with this IQ. It should build a stretched 4 seater version, that would result in an even more premium feeling car, and quite possibly give the Golf a run for its money"

so there you have it folks...........from the horses mouth, we all have bought ourselves a (small) gem

cheers barryc

I suppose MrT would argue that a Yaris, with all the extras, is the equivalent of a stretched IQ in physical terms, but completely devoid of any character, which the IQ has in abundance.

It's just a shame that the Aygo feels pretty cheap. I know I'm being biased here. :)

Fish

It's just a shame that the Aygo feels pretty cheap. I know I'm being biased here. :)

Fish

That's true.I had an Aygo for three years before my IQ and loved it.

After having the IQ for a couple of years I had to have an Aygo as a courtesy car and couldn't believe how cheap it all felt in comparison to the IQ.

Great little car, but in a different league to the IQ.

:yahoo: Yeah! Go iQ... :toast: sorry, got carried away there. Love my iQ, and to know it beats the 'VW Up' is great. So, if anyone ever says to me, "The VW Up is better..." They'll be sorry.

The Iq is almost unique in its ability to add quality to the small car/Sub 12k end of the market. I have looked at almost every car in this bracket over the past 6 months, and very few even come close. Hardly anyone offers sat nav built in, auto lights/wipers or leather, most have cheap plastics and switches. The other annoying factor about(and I know in the main they are city cars) is the only option is a dated underpowered 1.0lt engine or similar, giving no confidence in taking the car very far on motorways.

The only thing I feel is missing is cruise control, but I'm sure David will have a retro-fit kit soon. ;)

Fish

The only thing I feel is missing is cruise control, but I'm sure David will have a retro-fit kit soon. ;)

Fish

Ha ha ... some wires... some glue, a piece of rope and some gum.... ha ha :yes: Ànd some Duck-tape.... hi hi ..

ÌF David makes one... please NOT as Toyota does it... but like the ones in the bigger cars... so you can reach it with your fingertips, from the steering-wheel...

Peter

Fish

Just place a brick on the accelerator pedal.....no wires, no wi-fi, no Health and Safety........

Fish

Yep, that's a good one to have. I think often about a Head Up Display, Cruise Control, and mini-guns, no, not the mini-guns again!

Just had a look a the VW Up. In my view Ugly and not unique like the iQ. So thumbs down on that. The only car that comes close is the Smart FourTwo.

Sooo sorry marcandsebe... but Smart Fortwo (I have one), in my opinion, really does not compete with the iQ.

iQ really is way much more car tan the Smart.

Only thing is that the Smart is smaller and easier to find a place to park in the city.

Gearbox is terrible of the Smart... really slow and rocking-chair alike.

During high winds Smart has a lesser contact to the road / swings to left and right... stability is less than iQ.

iQ outsmarts the Smart in almost every way. But it is a very "fun" car, to drive.