Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water, Water Everywhere - Help Please

Paul Mack

Hi guys,

Happy New Year.

I drive an SR180 57 plate, until 4 weeks ago, I have had no issues to worry about, however, I have since been plagued with the boot filling up with "clean water"?

The first time I noticed was when I went to hoover the boot out and found water to the depth of a tyre!!

I removed the grommit to drain away the water, checked the seal surround etc but to no avail, the water keeps filling up!!

Having spoken with my local Toyota garage they tell me it could be the "seal vents" on the rear panels behind or near the rear light set up?

Please could I ask if anyone has had a similar experince and if so, how did you resolve it?

I would appreciate any ideas / suggestions.

Many thanks

Paul :thumbsup:

Though not having this problem myself with my own Auris,i have read on postings here that the vents behind the boot trim have seals that often fail allowing water to enter the boot.Also rear light lenses seals cause the same problem.

One owner found the mastic on the floor of the boot has needed re applying as it was allowing water in.

If you are a DIY owner then i dont think you will have much problem sorting this out.

Good luck.

Though not having this problem myself with my own Auris,i have read on postings here that the vents behind the boot trim have seals that often fail allowing water to enter the boot.Also rear light lenses seals cause the same problem.

One owner found the mastic on the floor of the boot has needed re applying as it was allowing water in.

If you are a DIY owner then i dont think you will have much problem sorting this out.

Good luck.

Hi Peter, thanks for the repy and the info, I will check this out.

Appreciate your time on this,

Best wishes

Paul

Hi had the same problem took the car to the dealer and they told me it was the vent behind the light, got both changed under warranty.Hope this helps

The fuel filler seal is another possible leakage point. Water can seap past and run down inside of panel.

Hi had the same problem took the car to the dealer and they told me it was the vent behind the light, got both changed under warranty.Hope this helps

same here 2 weeks ago....

Usual crap build quality iam afraid ,look under warranty work posts its a common problem.

• 3 weeks later...

i also have sorted this same problem, about 3 weeks ago, the spare wheel well was over half way full, with water going under the rear seats and into the rear footwells under braking, there was that much.

57 plate car which is now out of warranty, i could see a deliberate gap between the light cluster and the drain channel inside the rear hatch.

after fiddling around and removing the rear light cluster i could see the problem and pee poor design, 1 light cluster had already been replaced at the second service interval "due to condensation ingress" well im not that suprised when you look at the design, a inch long qtr inch thick bit of stuck on sponge does a great job of filtering the water so its nice and clean when it runs into your boot, but to think it could stop water, its a epic fail

i ran a bead of silicone at the top of the light cluster to stop the water flowing down the rear hatch channels "through the light cluster" and either will fill up the boot/lights or just fall out where ever gravity takes it

See Boot Vent again, posted 23rd January, this is the same problem