Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Injection Fault

Druid Boy

So, driving up the slip road to join the M32 I booted it and got very little response. A few seconds later I tried to welly it again and, after initial reluctance to pull, the engine cut out. I'm in lane 2 now. B*llocks! Engine management, VSC & TRC lights were on. So a quick 'ignition off, ignition on' gets the engine running and we're away again.

Toyota plugged their machine in and called up the fault code: P0200, injector circuit open. Currently the car is working fine and the diagnosis shows that everything is within tolerance 'all injectors in spec'.

I'm tempeted to spend a few hours checking the electrical connectors for corrosion, poor connection or bad earths but, before I cause any more problems, I thought I would ask....

any advice?

firstly change fuel fillter.

secondly -- open EGR and investigate what is under the cover -- is carbon lives there?? if positive then clean it

in third -- open valve cover and check under -- may be diesel leak is available in either injector/connection

correct -- investigate el connections on the rail pressure sensor + do not forget to inspect el connections to each injector control solenoid + try to test each SCV just to measure their coils resistance and compare with table data

cheers/Igor

Ok so I haven't done any work on this yet but I do have an update.

It seems that if the car is driven for approx 20 mins and then stopped for a shrot while the fault occurs on the next start up - although without any warning lights. Just a lack of power and refusing to rev past 2200rpm in gear but revs to the rev limiter in neutral. If I then park it for, say, 10 mins it resets itself.

Wierd.

Any ideas about that? I wondered if it may be linked to the cold weather...

There are quiet a few of these threads at the mo about not revving when warm (i started one of them), i would agree with Igor and check the obvious basics like the blocked EGR or dirty air filter.

How many miles have you done and when was the fuel filter last replaced?

• 10 months later...

So, here we are in cold weather and the car has done the same blasted thing. Foot to the floor, engine dies. Restart it and the TRC, VSC and engine management lights are on. Any idea whether the cold weather could affect the Suction Control Valve?

I've ruled out the fuel filter cos if it was that the fault would be present all the time and the diagnostic computer threw up an open circuit fault last time it did this.

At least I don't have to drive to Dover and back tomorrow. Oh, no, wait there.....Yes I flippin do. Long way in a transit van if I can't sort this in the morning.

When was the MAF last cleaned? I would have gone with replacing the fuel/air filter and check for carbon in the EGR to. Get some BG244 love juice in her or some of this http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/430/archoil-ar6400-professional-polyetheramine-concentrate

She's due a major service in about 5k so I'm changing the fuel filter today if I can get one. EGR should be ok cos it gets wellied regularly, especially on the hills, to clean that out. Still a bit mystified by the previous 'injector open circuit fault' but as the fuel filter was killing my chainsaw I'm starting there and will work on other stuff bit by bit.

Lovely weather for working outdoors.....

So popped a new fuel filter in (well my friend Rob did: thanks Rob) cos she hasn't had one since 42k and we're now on 98k... All seems fine and dandy now, the warning lights cleared themselves after starting up, as I was driving away. As with the last time this happened, everything now seems fine. And the weather is warmer.

Once I get some time I will clean the EGR and give the MAF a blast with electrical contact cleaner or similar. I'm tempted to get toyota to stick their diagnostic machine on it but don't want to repeat the last experience and pay £88 to find out not much and be told that their next step is to simply replace components cos they can't find an obvious fault.

Updates to follow.