Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh Deary Me!

stompe

Went to see the new facelift Prius, not impressed. For those of us that have the head up display on the T-Spirit that shows the navigation, that has now gone. Why who knows! My view cost cutting. The entertainment system has now obviously been upgraded. No opening to insert CD or hard drive now, just a slot in the dash. Its the new touch and go plus system and you get the plus on the T-Spirit (see link below). Mind you the sat nav should now be better and I am told you get three free upgrades and it shows speed cameras.

On the T-spirit you get what they call leather with inserts that in my opinion look really cheap and nasty (evidently leather is standard on T-spirit now). The centre console has been tweaked and the usb connector is in the arm rest in the centre console. The plastics are darker on the dash and centre console but still of inferior quality. The front bumper is changed and looks nice on the white demo model. The rear lights have changed, made the back of the vehicle looks weird but all this is just my opinion, I did not go for a test drive as I was not that impressed. I am now left waiting until May for the plug-in prius and keeping my fingers crossed its better than this facelift.

Stompe :thumbsup:

Touch and Go plus

http://www.toyota.co...G+Yaris&sr=Mall

Oh dear!! That is not a good report. I will be keeping my 2011 T Spirit anyway. I will get a look facelift model at the end of March as that is when my car service is due and I shall have an hour to pass away in the showroom.. I shall not be rushing in to view it.

In my humble opinion, the gen 3 is a very good vehicle which Toyota seem only to be able to tweak a bit here and there with plug in and a few cosmetics. I dont see that there will be such a development step as evidenced by the gen1 to gen 2 and the gen2 to gen3.

It would be nice if there was big leap forward because this would put the price of the very very good gen 3 more within my reach. Meanwhile, our Gen 2 remains a good option for us.

No nav on the HUD?! Ah c**p ! :disgust:

I ordered a new 2012 model last week to replace my 09 plate Gen 3 TSpirit - I'm hoping that the other "enhancements" make up for that faux pas ! LOL

I have to say the updated "Touch & Go" website is just a little confusing over the features each level contains. Reading the definitions it's hard to tell if things like bluetooth Audio are only available on the T&G Pro or if is lurking in T&G Plus. We need a features chart to compare the levels between models.

I have to say the updated "Touch & Go" website is just a little confusing over the features each level contains. Reading the definitions it's hard to tell if things like Bluetooth Audio are only available on the T&G Pro or if is lurking in T&G Plus. We need a features chart to compare the levels between models.

bluetooth phone and bluetooth music is standard in the base Touch model (6 inch screen) so it is also in Touch and Go, and Touch and Go Plus.

Touch and Go Pro, is the 8 inch screen version and also has the full bluetooth features.

Manual here...

http://www.toyota.co...rence_Guide.pdf

Toyota Touch™

Rear-view camera 4

Touch screen 4

Bluetooth pairing 4

Bluetooth music streaming 5

Making phone calls 7

Went to see the new facelift Prius, not impressed. For those of us that have the head up display on the T-Spirit that shows the navigation, that has now gone.

That's the only thing worth having the HDD for, IMO!

T&G Site has been updated again - it now says that the 8" screen is only available for the T&G Pro on the Land Cruiser V8

LMAO - do we think UK specs are still a little fluid right now? (hence no brochure yet!) :)

Pick mine up on Friday (9th March) - as a previous Gen 2 and Gen 3 owner I'll let you know my thoughts :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I had a test drive in the facelift Prius a couple of weeks ago. I was looking forward to the nav on the HUD, so that was a disappointment. I turned the HUD off after a while, since at the lowest seating position (I'm 5'9" ish) I couldn't see it too well anyway. I agree the standard upholstery is off-putting, if I got the car (company car) then the fleet company have a "with leather" quote ready prepared which probably saves a few quid per month compared with specifiying the option seperately. I can't compare with previous Prius models although I had a sit in the previous one. Plastics etc. seem cheap but they do the job. I didn't notice any rattles but then the car was practically brand new. The door shutting experience was.... interesting. No reassuring thud, and sometimes even sounded like what I imagine a 2CV door close to sound like - tinny to say the least. I was pretty pleased, just depends on whether the money saving (approx £500 per year over a Hyundai i40 "Style" estate for example) sways my decision. I don't really do the miles for the difference in mpg to be that important.

Cheers.

Did you try adjusting the position of the HUD? I think it's a pointless gimmick, but it does have a good adjustment range to cater for drivers of different heights.

I agree, the noise made when you shut a door on a Prius is embarrassing. It's like slamming a tea tray against a wall.

Ah, that'll teach me not to RTFM! I didn't realise you could adjust the position of the HUD. One other gripe was the folding of the mirrors. Sometimes it's handy to have the mirror in position when getting out of the driver's side into the road, but you have to fold the mirrors with the car on. So the sequence of pull up, switch off, get out, lock car, fold mirrors is not possible.

i'll be keeping my gen 2 for a few more years to come then.

i'll be keeping my gen 2 for a few more years to come then.

Me too! Not to mention the amount I saved by going for a low mileage Gen2! (Although I would have loved the more adjustable steering column on the Gen 3)

It's not that much more adjustable, there's not enough telescopic adjustment IMO.

It's not that much more adjustable, there's not enough telescopic adjustment IMO.

I agree - it's more a token gesture than a proper adjustable system, better than nothing but not good enough.

I agree - it's more a token gesture than a proper adjustable system, better than nothing but not good enough.

Is the Auris one better than the Prius for telescoping? I seem to remember trying an Auris in a dealership and was pleased with the position. Unfortunately, the small boot was a deal-breaker for me.

But the Gen3 does have heated door mirrors. Something left off the Gen2 AFAIK.

But the Gen3 does have heated door mirrors. Something left off the Gen2 AFAIK.

Yes, incredibly silly one must say! While we are at it, I don't see the point in selling leather without heated seats, but I think the prius plug-in finally has heated seats!

While we are at it, I don't see the point in selling leather without heated seats, but I think the prius plug-in finally has heated seats!

If you got the gen3 factory fit leather seats, they were heated. If you got the port fit leather seats, they were not heated. There are a couple of threads on this forum about it. Not sure if the facelift gen3 is the same.

I heated seats on my Volvo 940. I never used them!!

Having had a Mercedes with leather seats - I would never have leather again.

Cold in winter (at -16C, very cold).. and if left outside in summer - far too hot. Burn your legs when wearing shorts job. Start engine when standing outside car and switch aircon on full blast and wait 5 mins..

Anyway, who wants to sit on a dead cow. I would rather eat one...

I wouldn't have leather seats either. Imagine the hassle of having to stand outside the car in summer with the air con on before getting in - I couldn't stand that!

I saw a Honda CR-V with leather seats a couple of days ago. It was a 2009 car and the leather was worn off the seats, I couldn't believe it to see peeling leather seats in a car that age. I'd be furious if I had a car that age with the leather going like that.

A neighbour got a brand new 207 in January (this year) with leather seats. The seats look shabby already, and I can't see that leather lasting too long. And they don't even keep the seats clean, the seams are full of dirt/dust. The leather in that 207 looks poor quality compared to the leather seats I've seen in other cars.

I did own cars with leather seats before (1929 Riley 9, MG TB, Rover 16 /75/110) but then I lived in Scotland so hot summer weather was not a problem..

Really old leather deteriorates due to mould and dyes fading - and tends to mark your clothes.. not a problem with cloth seats..

A neighbour got a brand new 207 in January (this year) with leather seats. The seats look shabby already, and I can't see that leather lasting too long. And they don't even keep the seats clean, the seams are full of dirt/dust. The leather in that 207 looks poor quality compared to the leather seats I've seen in other cars.

Depends on what quality of leather is used. Many taxi drivers will go for the expense of having leather fitted as it last soo much longer as to be worth the money. But like anything, you have got to look after it and that means treating it every six months or so with a leather cream. That will ensure it remains supple and very long lasting. Let the leather dry out too much and it becomes brittle and cracks, though it is possible to get that repaired quite cheaply.

Regarding the 207 you neighbour got, that might not turn out to be proper leather - more likely a synthetic look-a-like stuff which is now quite popular on many lower priced cars.

Agree with GC. Leather has to looked after. My gen 2 had leather seats and they looked as good as new after I sold after 3 years. My 2011 Gen 3 leather has been cleaned and treated twice since getting the car. My personal choice is leather it just need looking after.