Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Greenlights Iq Supercharger Concept For Production

junebug1701

Here's a surprise: Toyota has announced the company will produce the iQ Supercharger first unveiled at the 2011 Tokyo Auto Salon in limited quantities. The automaker has confirmed the development at the 2012 Tokyo Auto Salon. The vehicles will be built by partner Gazoo Racing and will feature a brawnier version of the same 1.3-liter four-cylinder engine found in the standard iQ. With a little forced induction on its side courtesy of a supercharger, the engine should be good for 130 horsepower and 133 pound-feet of torque. That's an increase of 36 ponies and 44 lb-ft over the stock configuration.

Like the concept, the production model will wear a not-so-subtle widebody kit, stiffer suspension and more aggressive brakes than its standard siblings. A six-speed manual transmission will be the only gearbox option. Indoors, buyers can expect to find custom seats and gauges that read all the way up to 124 mph.

http://www.autoblog....oduction-w-vid/

If they are to really build any or 'have them built'! "by partner, Gazoo Racing" !,

surely the '100' would be bought up by collectors, so the fact there will be any has no relevance to the general buying public in the UK.

I still think the same as i said in the last thread on here about it,

'the engine power output being quoted seems dismal for a Supercharged 1300cc engine in 2012'.

Especially since that tuner (partner 'Gazoo Racing') has been messing about with modifying iQ's since before they even came to Europe.

Seemingly according to figures in the car media, 89 'Cygnets' were bought in 2011.

I wonder if this is true.

Does anyone know how many were built, sold, ordered etc. ??

george

Don't know George, I have some pic's of one in my local car park a 61 plate. Haven't edited the number plate so can't show them on here yet.The thing is if its meant to be a contribution to them having to make a euro 5 car, 89 sales is hardly a contribution.The development cost must have been covered by the profits of their other ranges. So the whole process is just lip service. I have big issues with Green concepts and the equality that it doesn't bring. There is a lot of, "One rule for you,one rule for me."

David

So does this mean that the little 1 litre version will get the turbo. ;)

It's a shame on the video clip that they have that stupid music over the whine that the charger makes.

Fish

Couldn't agree more with you both. Why on earth do they feel that some naff music on a video to do with a car is appropriate? I mean, come on, we want to 'hear' the engine as it races around the track. If they can't get something simple like that right... BTW, I'd love one as a second car.

Seemingly according to figures in the car media, 89 'Cygnets' were bought in 2011.

I wonder if this is true.

Does anyone know how many were built, sold, ordered etc. ??

george

Is this in England only? Or over the total in all the world???

No idea if the sales number i read is for the UK only,

or their world sales. (doubt it would be only for England)

Hope they were not registering demonstrators as actual sales, that would be misleading.

People may not be keeping them for very long.

http://www.autotrade...n-martin/cygnet

I really like the Blue 'Kahn RS 1.3 Coupe

& can not believe how bad the 'Gulf' "Cygnet Super Mini" looks.

george

Sorry... link does not work.... :g:

does for me Peter. Open the door of your caravan wider

David