Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Dash Location

mickandjanet

Having recently purchased a Garmin Sat Nav I found that the supplied window mounting bracket was not suitable for attatching to the small side window and attaining my preferred position, to overcome this I purchased on line a Duragadget long reach Garmin window mount for £4.99, very happy with the result and hope my post + picture may be of use to other Auris Members.post-15342-0-39452200-1337868139_thumb.j

Hi ptaurissr, purchased on line from Amazon,just Google "Duragadget Garmin nuvi long reach holder" it shows a picture of the item together with a few reviews, hope this helps.

I do the same for my iPhone...very handy little window! Only problem I find if getting a cable from the cig lighter to my phone without having the wire trailing all over

Hi Grabacr, regarding the cable I had the same problem so added an extention to the supplied cable, you can get these at places like Maplins etc for about £5 also a double outlet if required for 2 connections, then run the cable down the side of the drivers side centre consul, under the seat, and then under the floor mat diagonaly across to the to the front door , then up the side of the door seal, you can carefuly tuck it in the side of the door seal ,if you enlarge my photo you can see where the cable comes out by the small top air vent, when leaving the car the cable drops down out of site of prying eyes, takes about 15 mins to fix, hope this helps

This is my solution.

Wife can input instead of me, yes, she knows how!

post-58139-0-54455700-1338034348.jpg

post-58139-0-03622000-1338034365.jpg

• Like 1

Having recently purchased a Garmin Sat Nav I found that the supplied window mounting bracket was not suitable for attatching to the small side window and attaining my preferred position, to overcome this I purchased on line a Duragadget long reach Garmin window mount for £4.99, very happy with the result and hope my post + picture may be of use to other Auris Members.

Thanks for posting - I've just got my Auris and hadn't thought of using the side window with a suction mount. Pity I didn't see your idea earlier as my Brodit centre console mount arrived yesterday which I will now not be using!

• 1 year later...

This is my solution.

Hi,

What is this and where can i buy one from?

This is my solution.

Hi,

What is this and where can i put one from?

That one was my first attempt and it is the lid off a jar filled with resin with 2 small bolts.

A big advantage of having the mount over the air vent is it keeps the sat nav cool in hot weather.

post-58139-0-70445900-1376861608_thumb.jpost-58139-0-05977000-1376861627_thumb.j

2nd try. a bit too high 3rd lower and wider

They are both the lower part of cans with resin and bolts.

I am now working on a black annodised mount.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links