Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch & Go Problem

KBrown111

Hi Guys! I've just joined the Yaris club and am generally very happy with it, but I've found a problem with the expensive optional satnav (the Touch-and-Go) that I was talked into...

I have a long journey to Wales that I make semi-regularly and I have a particular route that I prefer to take; the problem is that Google Maps (which the Touch-and-Go uses) generates a different route when asked to direct me there. I can change the route on maps.google.co.uk (It's only one change) and then send it to my car (I watched the video with Jason Bradbury) but all that happens is the destination address only arrives and the system recalculates the incorrect route again; and the map is virtually impossible to edit on the Touch-and-Go itself.

Please help! This is rather urgent as I may need to make this journey without notice and I rely heavily on my satnav to direct me!

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried doing as you are told and checking if the new route is as good time and fuelwise as your route of habit? I had the same experience and although not the same as my habitual route on TomTom it was a minute quicker in estimation over 55 miles and less stressful a route. The Touch and Go speed warning and overspeed warning seems vert accurate to me.

You must learn to trust the Touch and Go satnav and use it as a driving aid rather than a definitive route.

If you take a "wrong" turn the Touch and Go should correct your directions and update.

As said above, the new recommended route could be less stressful than your habitual route.......Give it a try!

I'm driving a 300 mile trip from England through North Wales and prefer this route as it takes more motorways and is gernerally less stressful even though it is about 5 miles longer; what I'm annoyed by is that I was talked into buying a Satnav that I find inferior than the one I had in the previous model (the Aygo).

To be honest I am not a confident driver, I have no sense of direction and I prefer the familiar route I have taken a dozen times before. I am also accustomed to the rest stops on the way. I found that if I gave the satnav the postcode of the rest stop midway then it guided me down entirely the wrong side of the motoroway.

You must learn to trust the Touch and Go satnav and use it as a driving aid rather than a definitive route.

If you take a "wrong" turn the Touch and Go should correct your directions and update.

As said above, the new recommended route could be less stressful than your habitual route.......Give it a try!

Well said it is only an aid. I never trust mine100%.

Living in a fairly rural location, sat Nav systems if followed can lead you down many a rough B road or even an unlisted (what ever you call them) single track road. If the road looks dodgy I won't turn, if I carry on it soon reroutes me.

The key in my opinion is if you don't know where your going leave early, follow the Sat Nav but read the road signs.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links