Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Verso 2.2 D-4D

Magou

Hi,

I would like to introduce myself as just joined. I currently own a 2005 Yaris and 1998 Nissan Almera, which has 120k on the clock and is still running strong. It has served our family extremely well with minimum repair costs and cheap servicing. The Yaris is great for nipping about town and to work, etc, but the Almera carries out the the main family car duties as more practical with the kids due to it's size and four doors. But the time has come to upgrade the family car to something newer, larger (5+ seats), with a higher driving position and most importantly keeping the Almera's great reliability.

Having visited a few local car dealers and dealerships in a search to meet are requirements and keeping within our budget, we narrowed ourchoice down to a Toyota Corolla Verso 2.2 D-4D T3/Spirit (06-08 plate). We have been searching the web; Auto trader, etc, price checking, gathering a general feel for the used car market and also reading user reviews. Unfortunately I have come across a few reviews which caused concern over the Versos' reliability (listed below). This came as a surprise with Toyota having such a good name for rock solid reliability.

Regular DPF blockages.

Blocked or heavily sooted EGR valves.

Head gasket failure and cylinder head problems.

Excessive oil consumption.

Drive failure.

I would be grateful if anyone can advise on the "good, the bad and ugly" of purchasing a second hand Verso and if I am to believe all I have read on the aforementioned issues?

Any advice will be much appreciated :)

Thank you,

Paul

Can anyone please advise if all T Spirit's come with the in-built DVD's as standard and what is the maximum number of headphone sets that can be used per car?

Thank you,

Paul

Unfortunately I have come across a few reviews which caused concern over the Versos' reliability (listed below). This came as a surprise with Toyota having such a good name for rock solid reliability.

Regular DPF blockages.

Blocked or heavily sooted EGR valves.

Head gasket failure and cylinder head problems.

Excessive oil consumption.

Drive failure.

Toyota do have a good name for `rock solid reliability` and the Verso is no exception if you stick to the 2.0d.

Your little list of faults applies to the 2.2d not the 2.0d which doesn`t have a dpf.

Check out the Rav4 section of the forum to see 2.2d faults.

Thanks for your reply.

I'll take a look at the Rav4 posts to gather some more info.

So in your opinion the 2.2 is really one to avoid. Shall I set my sights on a 2.0 only?

It will be very easy to form your own opinion my friend :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links