Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Debadge

SMW

For future reference for those considering debadging their Aygo.

You will find 2 holes under each rear valence Badge just below rear lights:

debadgedholes.jpg

And the clean shaven look . . . . .

debadgedrear.jpg

Just got home to find a small jiffy bag from Hong Kong has come in the post - 2 of them debadge holes are gonna be covered soon . . . . . :thumbsup:

Just got home to find a small jiffy bag from Hong Kong has come in the post - 2 of them debadge holes are gonna be covered soon . . . . . :thumbsup:

Job done . . .

TRDBadge.jpg

The carbon effect really matches the carbon quartz well. Then again, I suppose it would do really, wouldn't it? ;)

Looks good. :)

debadging is by far one of the most cost effective mods you can do! as i personally hate the big ugly chrome plastic rubbish they stick on cars

nice little cheap way of getting round the holes too steve

good job :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

On my Red Aygo, I put the TRD emblem and a Red Toyota from TS

On my Red Aygo, I put the TRD emblem and a Red Toyota from TS

I'm after this, ahem, 'TRD' emblem at the moment but it keeps reaching sill (IMO) prices. The last 2 the guy sold reached £24 and £32.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Ordered here :

http://www.mrs-passion.com/index_catalogue.html

• 1 month later...

This might be a silly question but how do u debadge the car ??? (kind of new to the modifing scence)

without scratching it ???

also debadging the huge toyota symbol from the rear glass boot ????

This might be a silly question but how do u debadge the car ??? (kind of new to the modifing scence)

also debadging the huge Toyota symbol from the rear glass boot ????

First it helps if it is a hot day - park the badged end right in the sun to get it hot. However if you live in the UK ( :lol: ) hold a hair dryer to the badges. Use gentle sweeping movements across the badges to soften the glue.

Once the glue is hot enough that you can flex the Badge with your fingers use some dental floss behind the Badge and gently use a sawing motion to lift the Badge away.

You will need to stop, re apply the heat etc. quite a few times for each badge.

Once the badge is off you will have residue left from the glue.

There are basically 3 ways to remove this 1. professional 'tar remover' 2. nail polish remover 3. gentle, gentle picking and scraping with flat edged objects and fingernails ! Please don't hold me responsible if you use a product and it damages your paint work ! I used nail polish remover and it worked for me but this is 'at your own risk' ! !

Once all glue is removed clean the area with your regular products and apply wax / polish to protect.

The 'Aygo' and 'Sport' badges are fairly quick and painless (but leave holes) the big 'T' emblem on the glass boot is a :censor: to get off but the glue cleans off easier being based on glass.

Allow about 1.5 hour for the whole job including cleaning up etc. Don't rush anything !

HTH.

What does TRD means? and is it also possible to take off the silver toyota logo on the front of the car? :yes:

What does TRD means? and is it also possible to take off the silver toyota logo on the front of the car? :yes:

TRD is 'Toyota Racing Development' Toyotas own Motor Sport Department who supply upgrade parts and accessories for Toyota cars.

http://www.fensport.co.uk/partsfiles/universalparts.htm

Also I have looked at the front 'T' but it seems integrated with the grill so I've left it alone !

also debadging the huge Toyota symbol from the rear glass boot ????

First it helps if it is a hot day - park the badged end right in the sun to get it hot. However if you live in the UK ( :lol: ) hold a hair dryer to the badges. Use gentle sweeping movements across the badges to soften the glue.

Once the glue is hot enough that you can flex the Badge with your fingers use some dental floss behind the Badge and gently use a sawing motion to lift the Badge away.

You will need to stop, re apply the heat etc. quite a few times for each badge.

Once the badge is off you will have residue left from the glue.

There are basically 3 ways to remove this 1. professional 'tar remover' 2. nail polish remover 3. gentle, gentle picking and scraping with flat edged objects and fingernails ! Please don't hold me responsible if you use a product and it damages your paint work ! I used nail polish remover and it worked for me but this is 'at your own risk' ! !

Once all glue is removed clean the area with your regular products and apply wax / polish to protect.

The 'Aygo' and 'Sport' badges are fairly quick and painless (but leave holes) the big 'T' emblem on the glass boot is a :censor: to get off but the glue cleans off easier being based on glass.

Allow about 1.5 hour for the whole job including cleaning up etc. Don't rush anything !

HTH.

THANKS !!!!!!!!!! :D

I just placed an order for these 2 nice logo's. So I can replace the original ones.

I didn't knew that there was a racing team of toyota called Tom's Racing Team :D

It's nice to have my name on the car :D

trd.jpg

toms_racing.jpg

by the way this is the shop:

http://www.japtuningshop.com/index.html

It's a dutch shop so I'm lucky :thumbsup:

Note the holes are 66 mm apart and 15 mm apart in height, so any emblem must be AT LEAST these dimensions to cover the holes.

I didn't knew that there was a racing team of toyota called Tom's Racing Team :D

It's nice to have my name on the car :D

Tom's (Castrol) Supra :drool:

316.jpg

even when I'm done with pimping my aygo I won't park it next to this car :D :drool:

LOG1614.jpg

by the way, I placed an order for this logo. To put on the rear instead of the toyota "T"-logo on the backdoor.

Do NOT under any circumstances use nail polish remover on car paintwork. For residue use either meths, WD40, or butter !!

ok, thnx for the tip. I will debadge my aygo when I have the logo's :D

• 2 years later...

I was thinking of debaging my Aygo and then respraying the existing badges to match the bodywork of the car, but worried about messing up the respray/colour match.

I fully depadged mine at the back looks mint when its done.

and when i had the number plate moved to the bottom grill you get two holes and a couple of niples from that two. =[

and when i had the number plate moved to the bottom grill you get two holes and a couple of niples from that two. =[

Please show us a picture of the relocated number plate?

You can use regular body filler and a paint stone chip kit to cover the holes. Personally, I think the big toyota logo in the middle of the tailgate glass is too big.

Please show us a picture of the relocated number plate?

You can use regular body filler and a paint stone chip kit to cover the holes. Personally, I think the big toyota logo in the middle of the tailgate glass is too big.

hope these pics are ok there old, ill get some gwd ones soon when weather is good [ Cars got Alloy wheels now and Center backbock so all gravey =D

IMGP9545.jpg

<br>

aug01.jpg

<br>

IMGP9540.jpg

<br>

lastest pic =]

IMGP9685.jpg

i am sorry in wrong Tread =[

phill=]

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links