Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Upgrades

adilmon

Finally EBC supply Discs & pads for the Aygo

Pads & shoes:

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/parts_p...0+%282005%2D%29

Disc (showing the dimensions):

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/parts_d...+%282006%2D%29#

Would be grateful if some could find the Toyota prices for these parts so we can compare.

Are the standard brakes really that bad that you think the Aygo requires brake upgrades?

Are the standard brakes really that bad that you think the Aygo requires brake upgrades?

Not at all. The stopping power of the aygo is superb because of the lastest generation of ABS and the low mass of the vehicle. With consumable parts the original manufacturer often gives the opportunity for 3rd party manufacturers to provide replacements, which cost less & perform better for longer.

Sometimes aftermarket aesthetics is reason enough because the standard pads are quite dusty. The Green Stuff is supposed to be better in this respect.

• 2 years later...

I have got EBC plain discs and green stuff pads fitted now. My original discs were lipped after 15k miles and the brakes always suffered from

1) Grinding at slow speed.

2) Non linear braking with hardly any braking at the top of the pedal action from new.

3) Slight graunching / grinding once the car had started to brake from a good speed.

Very pleased with the EBC stuff, all of the above have been cured completely.

Regards

Andy

I love the Aygo brakes!

But mine will soon be replaced with EBC

Its funny seeing passengers nearly garote themselves on the seat belts when I tap the pedal HA HA HA

god im evil LOL

I finally got to use my brakes in anger today in Germany. They have actually been getting better over time as they have settled and today I decided to outbrake a BMW X5 into a roundabout from 90mph down to 50 as the hundred yard marker went by. He was well ahead doing a normal speed and I shot through, having more problems getting the downchanges spot on rather than the brakes letting me down.

As the car can do that roundabout at about 60+ I'm actually completely limited by the engine not getting enough speed on the run up before.

I really rate this setup :thumbsup:

Regards

Andy