Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reseting Fuel Computer

okitsme

Hi all

I don't want to start another mpg thread but is it possible to reset the range setting on the onboard fuel computer. Only in my verso, if I was to hold down the display button when reading "range" it would reset ( although it would come up with totally arbitrary figures )

My Auris, after filling up, displays a range of 220 miles. Know i know the fuel economy is a contentious issue but I know for a fact that this reading is way out since i achieved over 400 miles on my last tank. holding down the display button has no effect on the range setting.

Mine usually shows 360 kilometers range after I fill her up.

I make ~750 kilometers before the first warning, ~830 kilometer before the final warning (the one doesn't go away, stays on the display). Then I can fill her up ~50 litres.

Go figure...

Hi all

I don't want to start another mpg thread but is it possible to reset the range setting on the onboard fuel computer. Only in my verso, if I was to hold down the display button when reading "range" it would reset ( although it would come up with totally arbitrary figures )

My Auris, after filling up, displays a range of 220 miles. Know i know the fuel economy is a contentious issue but I know for a fact that this reading is way out since i achieved over 400 miles on my last tank. holding down the display button has no effect on the range setting.

HI MY SR180 IS EXACTLY THE SAME WHEN I FILL IT UP THE RANGE IS ONLY 230 MILES I KNOW THAT IT DOES MORE THAN THIS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU CAN RESET THIS.

Slightly off topic but... How do you guys calculate Mile Per Gas? If I divide 830 kilometers to 50 liters, that makes 16.6 kilometers per gas. 16.6 kilometer makes what, like 10 miles? Then this means I make 10 MPG!!! What the hell?!?! :huh: :o

Slightly off topic but... How do you guys calculate Mile Per Gas? If I divide 830 kilometers to 50 liters, that makes 16.6 kilometers per gas. 16.6 kilometer makes what, like 10 miles? Then this means I make 10 MPG!!! What the hell?!?! :huh: :o

830kms is just under 516 miles. 50 litres is almost 11 gallons ( UK ). So you are getting approximately 47 miles to the gallon.

If you want to work out exact figures, multiply Kms by .6214 to gets miles, and, multiply litres by .2199736 to get UK gallons. Then divide milage by gallons. :D

And by the way, my computer reads 322miles, constantly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just raised this to the dealer (innacurate fuel gauge meter and range readings) and they have replaced my speedo! maybe there is a known fault with this...

I have just raised this to the dealer (innacurate fuel gauge meter and range readings) and they have replaced my speedo! maybe there is a known fault with this...

Have you noticed any difference with the new speedo ? , or are you still getting innacurate readings ?

Hi

Just bought an Auris a month and a half ago...turns out that damn fuel range indicator is always so wrong! The very first time i refilled the tank i got to the station with the indicator on less than 20km of range and bleeping (re-fuel message). But after they filled the tank, i noticed they just filled it with 12 gallons (and the gas tank is 14.5 gallons) Then, it reset itself to 480km, but by now, when my tank is "empty" again, i´ve only done 415km...

So i guess i´ll just keep going on till it really empties....

Mine is starting to have a better behavior shows a range of 730-780 km when I re-fuel him although when I do so I still have 5-10 liters inside the tank and the range is at 0 km already. Also something that happens sometimes is I go out with a range of 30 and 10 km later is on 0 km go figure. Crazy computer....

In diesel cars it can be correct that gauge shows 0km range when there are 5 liters of fuel left in the tank. That prevents from soaking the "dirt" from the bottom and injection system damage.

The same is for petrol cars especially in colder countries (water condensation in the tank) so changing it may be not the best idea. I think in every car I had gauge reading was the same.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links