Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mudflap Install

MangoNo5

:angry: Just spent 11/2 hours at dealer for mud flaps and mats only to be told that they cant fit the rear flaps as the lower skirt is on?!! also service from them is getting worse. I was then told the car was vac and washed, not a big thing seeing as how small the car was except.... they just stuck the matts on over the debris in the car ie small stones etc.. why tell me they had vac'd?

anyone else told this about flaps? why didn't they tellme in the first place, wouldn't have bothered!!

:angry: Just spent 11/2 hours at dealer for mud flaps and mats only to be told that they cant fit the rear flaps as the lower skirt is on?!! also service from them is getting worse. I was then told the car was vac and washed, not a big thing seeing as how small the car was except.... they just stuck the matts on over the debris in the car ie small stones etc.. why tell me they had vac'd?

anyone else told this about flaps? why didn't they tellme in the first place, wouldn't have bothered!!

It looks like the inboard edge of each mudflap could foul the outside edge of the skirt on each side.

However, I would have thought this would be unlikely..very bad design procedure to produce accessories that are incompatible with each other, certainly without warnings to that effect.

If I had already bought them, I would just trim them carefully to fit, if and as necessary.

You certainly don't need a "technician" to do it!

It looks like the inboard edge of each mudflap could foul the outside edge of the skirt on each side.

However, I would have thought this would be unlikely..very bad design procedure to produce accessories that are incompatible with each other, certainly without warnings to that effect.

If I had already bought them, I would just trim them carefully to fit, if and as necessary.

Hi J, so should I complain?

Hi J, so should I complain?

I would like to know exactly why the flaps won't fit with the skirt in place..perhaps they just can't be bothered to do it, what you said about their casual attitude to the mats and dirt underneath indicates a lack of interest.

If the flaps and skirt will not both fit at the same time then you should be given the money back for the flaps, if they knew you had a skirt fitted, I would have thought.

Hi I have just spoken to toyota HQ and too have now stated that the rear flaps cannot be fitted with the lower skirt trim on the iq. Dealership are now saying they will charge for the front flaps and mats. THey want £108 ?!!!

Hi I have just spoken to toyota HQ and too have now stated that the rear flaps cannot be fitted with the lower skirt trim on the iq. Dealership are now saying they will charge for the front flaps and mats. THey want £108 ?!!!

According to my price list, supplied by Kingo, the front mudflaps are about £22 and the heavy duty mats are about £70, less heavy duty ones are about £58.

Fitting extra, of course, but not difficult for the mud flaps if you can handle a 10mm spanner or socket, or know someone who can!

• 3 weeks later...

The thing i find is that the skirt is a different shape to the bumper, so where the mudguard sits flush to the bumper, it will look.. well.. just like its been slapped in place by someone who doesnt care on the looks of it.

It would most likely look dreadful.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links