Toyota’s launch of the new GR86 coupe is one of the most hotly anticipated new model introductions of 2022. Advance interest has been high for this third member of the thoroughbred GR sports car range, which will be available in strictly limited numbers – production for Europe is limited to just two years. Toyota is opening customer orders at 10am on 20 April 2022, both online at www.toyota.co.uk and through its UK dealer network
The order process is designed to be clear, convenient, seamless and customer-focused, ensuring a fair, first-come, first-served approach. The customer can configure their ideal car, save their progress to their My Toyota account and then complete their order online, at a time and place that’s convenient for them, which could be at home or in a Toyota showroom. Payment of a £1,000 refundable customer deposit is required to secure all orders.
Prospective purchasers are also welcome to discuss their requirements with expert sales teams in Toyota showrooms, or organise a test drive with Toyota’s specialist Toyota GR Centres (test cars will be available from June).
Here’s how the ordering process works: –
- The customer chooses and configures their GR86 online at www.toyota.co.uk
- Any appropriate part-exchange valuation can be added
- Preferred payment method is chosen
- They select the “buy online” option
- The completed vehicle build and quote are saved to the customer’s My Toyota account
- The customer logs into their My Toyota account and proceeds to checkout
- They select their preferred Toyota centre for the vehicle handover
- The appropriate finance application is submitted – a decision will be provided promptly, in real time
- The £1,000 deposit is paid (online card payment)
GR86 is offered in a single model grade, with the option of six-speed manual or automatic transmission. At launch, it comes with an on-the-road price tag of £29,995 for the manual model and £32,085 for the automatic version. Toyota expects the first deliveries of cars to customers from July this year.
Its standard features include: –
- 2.4-litre “boxer” engine with six-speed manual or automatic transmission
- Classic front engine/rear-wheel drive sports car drivetrain with low centre of gravity, light weight and highly rigid chassis
- 10-spoke 18-inch black alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres
- Multimedia system with an eight-inch display
- Smartphone integration via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Reversing camera with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Blind Spot Monitor
- LED Adaptive Headlight System
- Illuminated entry
- Seven-inch colour multi-information display
Other items include Ultrasuede and leather seat upholstery, heated front seats, cruise control, automatic dual-zone air conditioning, smart entry and push-button start and auto-folding door mirrors.
The GR86 automatic gains additional, new active safety and driver assistance systems, including Pre-Collision System with autonomous emergency braking, Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic High Beam and Lane Keep Assist.
First customers can take advantage of a PCP agreement through with monthly repayments of £299 (42-month contract, £4,777 customer deposit, with 4.9 per cent APR Representative) for the GR86 manual.