I am looking to buy a Toyota estima 2006 model. This is the first time i will be buying a japanese import. I do not have any knowledge of these cars and I would be grateful if I can have some advice please. I have previously owned automatic ford s-max which i had to sell as spares or repairs due to gearbox error that cane up at 32000 miles.
List of my questions is as follows:
1. Should I buy 2006 or later model (new shape) or pre 2005 model? I personally like 2006 onwards shape?
2. Should I buy hybrid or non hybrid model?
3. Are there any known faults for 2006 onwards model including gearbox issues e.g. if gearbox oil and filter not changed regularly, gearbox will fail.
4. Whats the 2.4 litre mpg as compared to a hybrid model?
5. Should i look for any specific things when buying an estima?
The car I am interested in is this https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323838261736
Is it a good deal?
Any help would be much appreciated.