Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Aygo - Sound Upgrade?

toyboata

Hi all,

Recently sold my yaris and have placed an order for a 59 reg aygo plus in Carbon Quartz..

I dont get the car till september, but i would like to start gathering all the bits i want to change/upgrade.

So starting with the audio system, i would like to keep the factory radio mostly for asthetic reasons, but i would like to improve the overall sound system.

I'm thinking of fitting this subwoofer under the passenger seat... Kenwood Active Subwoofer

I would like to integrate an Ipod Nano into the factory fitted radio - however i have questions/doubts on if this is possible? If it is, then i suspect i will be using some kit like this... Ipod Dension Connector

Has anyone fitted one of these or know if it is possible?

I had a look at one of our other aygos (56 reg) - i removed the radio (easier than expected thanks to a guide on here!) -- and i was looking for a "cd changer" socket as stated on the Dension website - however, i could only find what looks very much like an ISO connector?

post-68393-1247601636_thumb.jpg

post-68393-1247601675_thumb.jpg

I notice theres an empty socket - what is this for?? If this is for Ipod/cd changers/line in/out, what are the pin connections?

-----

If the radio has line outputs for sound, this would be brilliant as not only could i feed the subwoofer a line output, but i'm also considering fitting a slimline sony 4 channel amplifier...Sony Amp

I'm thinking as the factory radio is low power output, and i would like to upgrade the door Speakers - this amp would provide the solution in getting decent power to the Speakers, while being thin/small enough to hide behide the radio/dash.

I am trying to keep the car looking as "factory" standard as possible, but have the quality/bennefit of subwoofers/amps/speakers/ipod etc...

My only problem atm, is knowing what that socket is, and how to connect all this together...

Any help would be much appreciated, and who knows, might come to one of the "meets" once if got it etc etc.

Thanks

Matt :D

The connector above the ISO plugs for Speakers and power is

a mini-ISO conector (actually three; yellow, blue and green).

This set of connectors is used for hooking up the

phone mute and a CD-changer or iPod-interface.

There IS a standard for the pinning of these connectors, but

unfortunately the factory radio does NOT conform to this standard...

I DO know for a fact that Dension has a compatible kit available for

this radio, if you can't find a listing for the Aygo try searching

for a Peugeot 107 or Citroën C1 compatible kit...

If you want to hook up a subwoofer or an amp you're stuck to either

using High Level inputs if available on your amp or sub or else using

a line convertor to get the speaker signals down to line level...

Jan van de Wouw - Thanks so much for that, shame theres no line-out connection, but at least i know an ipod connection is possible and that dension do one, just a case of finding it!

Will do some googling for the kit, thanks again!

Matt :)

...btw, the subwoofer and amp i linked have high-level inputs, so no line-out isnt the end of the world, would have been better tho :(

hey, Would Not Recomend putting your sub under the seat. i was recently chatting to a driving instructor and he said he new sum 1 who had a aygo just like mine (09 Plate) and he said his mate put his laptop under his seat and he hit a pot hole and it set of the airbags.

hope this is sum help

Birddy

How sure are you that the laptop set off the airbags?

AFAIK the sensors for the airbags are nowhere near the seats.

And a subwoofer would be FIXED to

the car, not just slid under the seat...

I don't know anything about the factory unit because I stripped it out as soon as I got the car; I prefer the aftermarket systems :) I think they are easier to work with :)

I put in a full sound system in the car; although I do wish some extra Speakers within the door pockets for extra sound. I'm a Bass Junkie!

I currently have a Pioneer Headunit DHP-40MP (I think)

which is running the two front Speakers which are Pioneer 4" Speakers (also aftermarket),

I have 2x600w Mutant subs which take up the whole boot which is powered by a 2600v Shark amp.

Trsut me the sound that comes oout of my car is awesome :)

I have 2x600w Mutant subs which take up the whole boot which is powered by a 2600v Shark amp.

shocked.jpg

Thats some sound system for an aygo!!!!

Matt :P

shocked.jpg

Thats some sound system for an aygo!!!!

Matt :P

Indeed! I'm suprised the glass hasn't smashed yet

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links