Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Atermarket Hid Kit Lighting H11 Bulb Recomendation?

AURISTR01

None of them are legal without headlight washers or self levelling sensors, so it won't matter which Kelvin you choose.

You run the risk of a fine/points if you get pulled over, and failing an MOT or ruining any warranty you have left.

I thought we can adjust the leveling ourself from the car headlamp height switch or is self-leveling something else?

I have no warranty.

IMO I find the bulbs not bright enough to avoid the stupid UK pot holes & general driving.

eBay also sell 100W H11 bulbs but theyr only for offroad use.

Be careful with 100w bulbs, they can warp or melt the light surround causing expensive damage.

HID's are not legal i'm afraid. I agree that they are much better, but to an oncoming car they can be hazardous if not set up correctly, and the reflectors in a normal head light are designed to spread the light from a halogen bulb, but HID's light up differently and won't reflect the same, hence the need to change stuff for them to be legal.

I bought a pair of 5000k White halogens from HK, they are made by PolarG rated 100w and Japanese made.

no warping and simply White and excellent, compliments my White LED side lights and White LED fogs perfectly.

Couldn't recommend it more, trouble is finding them.

Forgot to mention, 100W bulbs are classed as off road bulbs, so they are not road legal either.

MOT tester would probably notice the brightness and fail them.

Osram night breakers are supposed to be the best aftermarket replacement bulb you can buy and stay legal, so maybe look into them instead?

Forgot to mention, 100W bulbs are classed as off road bulbs, so they are not road legal either.

MOT tester would probably notice the brightness and fail them.

Osram night breakers are supposed to be the best aftermarket replacement bulb you can buy and stay legal, so maybe look into them instead?

Thankyou for your input on this Dave,

Looks like I'l have to arrange something better but legal :rolleyes:

Its your choice at the end of the day. I have seen many HID kits that have not dazzled me, but i have seen twice as many that have, and its not nice being the person on the other side of the road trying to avoid an oncoming car that you simply can't see.

If you really want the HID route then save a bit more cash and do it properly, you will get better results and stay within the law whilst reducing the risk of a blinded oncoming driver hitting you head on at 60mph.... :thumbsup:

Can any of you recommend an aftermarket HID KIT Conversion.

6000K is it safe to use ok UK Roads?

Looking on ebay HID KIT

Hi,

Here's my installation of my HID kit.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92034&st=45&p=845434entry845434

And my alignment as well. Been running for a while now andno problem through my last MOT and never been flashed........Yet.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95504&st=0&p=870674entry870674

And don't forget to upgrade the fuses.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92034&view=findpost&p=845505

Has made a huge difference over the OEM bulbs.

Regards

Mine passed 2 mots so far without problems.

Does seem like a lot of messing about, if I were to do it I would want it to be a simple plug & play job.

If its passing MOT it must mean the headlights are compatible for xenons, so im assuming they are legal if VOSA did a roadside check if they have any doubts?

Do the T180/SR spec come with xenon lights as standard from the factory?

Mine are just H11 bulbs, not HID conversions.

Rated 100W 5000k white normal bulbs.

They are just straight replacements, not problem with 2 MOTs so far and much superior to anything i have tried (including osram nightbreaker).

Mine are just H11 bulbs, not HID conversions.

Rated 100W 5000k white normal bulbs.

Are they really "100W" or is it just the light output? Any pics?

For what its worth an MOT Technician cannot fail your car for having illegal HID kits or bulbs installed as this is outside his remit, he is to check the car using a simple checksheet, and the type/model/brightness of a bulb is NOT tested, only if it is level and of a consistent colour similar to the other headlight on the car...

EDIT: they could however fail the car for the headlights not being white i.e. the colour temperature was too high.

My advice, if you want to go with illegal kits etc go ahead just dont go higher than 60000k and dip your headlights a little with the load switch to stop blinding people... and I don't accept responsibility for what happens if you follow my advice :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links