Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drl On '11 Auris

Roby72

Hi there. I didn't find anything here in TOC about application of DRL (daytime running lights) on Toyota Auris so I open this thread.

Few days ago I bought from HAMSAR, Canada, the 45035 DRL kit for high-beam reduced 60%.

I was tempted by someone that bought the kit for his own RAV4 and opened a thread on the Toyota Club Italia.

After just three days from the order I got the kit and yesterday I got it mounted on the car and....yes, it's great!

Now I have DRL on my Auris. It works with high-beam reduced 60% when I turn-on the ignition key and they turn-off when I turn-on parking lights or I turn-off the key.

All the lights works normally. The only little issue is the blue high-beam led always turned-on on the dashboard, 60% reduced so not a problem during the daylight.

You can consider it as a check that DRL are working fine.

You can also connect a wire of the kit to a 12V+ source with engine on, so they only turn-on when the engine is running but I couldn't find it under the hood.

Can anybody help me to identify that wire, maybe in the fuse box?

Anyway, also check THIS page for more informations. Consider the shipping cost is very expensive but I'm happy with it.

I also recorded a short video but it really sucks. I'll try again next week... :)

P.S., hope everything is clear, sorry for my English. B)

Thanks tavy...I just read your thread and I found it very interesting. You did a great job and I'm sure you've spent much less money than me...at the end the result is the same.

However, I would love to ask if you have the same issue that I have with the blue led light (high-beam) always 60% turned-on on the dashboard with DRL running.

Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Thanks tavy...I just read your thread and I found it very interesting. You did a great job and I'm sure you've spent much less money than me...

Thank you too, Roby. I spent , indeed less than 5 pounds (don't laugh!) with my DRL's - 2 relays, 2 1N diodes, 1 fuse socket, terminals, wires, and 1 hour work...

However, I would love to ask if you have the same issue that I have with the blue led light (high-beam) always 60% turned-on on the dashboard with DRL running.

Yes I have , but I'm not considering this an issue, I really like this blue LED lighting at a half strenght in the middle of the optitron clock; as you said before the blue LED lighting can be considered that DRL are working fine...

You can also connect a wire of the kit to a 12V+ source with engine on, so they only turn-on when the engine is running but I couldn't find it under the hood.

Can anybody help me to identify that wire, maybe in the fuse box?

In the engine compartment fuse box you can not find any circuit connected with ignition, all the circuits are connected directly to the Battery...

I took the IG+ command source from the gear box reverse lamp switch, it has 2 wires, red and green, you have to tap the green one. In order to reach this connector you have to remove the air filter case.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, your infos are very helpful!!! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links