Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Alarm

Goldreef

Hi Everyone

I've recently purchased a 2007 Auris T180 and after washing and hoovering the car at the weekend, have been experiencing a few false alarms. After switching off the interior motion sensors, no false alarms.

I've checked the usual stuff such as windows, sunroof, doors, bonnet switch. I've also been in and around all of the interior fixtures looking for anything that may be setting off the alarm.

However this afternoon I noticed that there's a metal bracket underneath the passenger seat, attached to the floor which seems to have some cabling routed through it. I've done a quick search of the forum and of Google without result.

After having a quick poke about the bracket, the cabling, and sliding the passenger seat forward and back, the alarm appears to be behaving itself again (although only time will tell). Would anyone be able to clarify what this bracket is for and whether it houses any of the alarm's components please?

The car is booked into Toyota for diagnosis on Tuesday, however curiosity has the better of me :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

John

Hi

I Also have a T180 the only time ive had a false alarm is when ive left loose change under the gear stick. They do say that metal sets the alarms off but if this is a standard bracket i cant see that been the issue. See what Mr T comes back with. Let us know.

Carl

Hi Carl

Thanks for your reply.

I've not left anything metal in the car that wasn't there before the false alarms. However I thought that maybe the bracket underneath the passenger seat could contain something such as a tilt/vibration sensor and I may have inadvertantly disturbed it while cleaning the car last week. I'll mention it to Toyota when I drop the car off for diagnostic and see what they say.

I'll let you know of the outcome following the diagnostic.

Kind regards

John

Mine had this random going off once or twice before, the second time it went on for days.

I took it to my local and they adviced the following:

1. Make sure all heating elements of rear screen is all intact

2. Make sure Battery is healthy

The heating element forms part of the alarming system and sometimes abit of rough cleaning could damage these elements.

Apparently the alarm has a seperate Battery and this Battery can be depleted due to the fact that the main battery is not in good health.

My problem went away all by itself, to this day it remained a mystery why it happened.

Interesting theory that i've read is that it could be due to radio interference and EMF from solar flares, make of that what you will.

Good luck sorting it out.

When we had the T180 we once had a strange problem, my mate come down in his Civic and locked his car fine but 20 minutes later it would not unlock and when he used the key not the remote his alarm went off. so I thought we will use the T180 but this also would not unlock on the remote or keyless entry. My mate drove his Civic off with the alarm ringing and once 2 miles up the road the alarm just stopped and when he got out the car all worked fine, he phoned me up and told me so I went out to the T180 and again all fine. My mate come back and as soon as he got back same problem again with both cars, he left again exactly the same happened and the strange thing was for the next 2 years this never happened again and it was as if some signal in the area interfered with his alarm which then blocked the T180 signals and made both car alarms act up.

Thank you for all of your replies.

I spoke to Toyota again on Monday as the false alarms haven't happened for almost a week now. They suggested that as the alarm seems to have settled down, that I save my pennies and if the problem reoccurs I can book the car in again.

On a plus note, I spent this morning removing and cleaning my EGR valve as per Rick D4D's guide. After approx 50k miles my EGR looked very similar to the pictures within the guide. Massive thank you to Rick D4D for putting the guide together!

Kind regards

John

Hi all, like most of you, I have had a few alarming moments :lol2:

I'm now putting this down to the sneeky spider that keeps leaving fresh cob webs across my interior over night!

There are also a couple of midgies in there. They only ever come out when I'm driving too fast to splat them and they never seem to get sucked out the window either, damn them.

You recon they're big enough to set off the sonics?

Dave.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links