Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Oil For Rav4 Diesel?

baz1631

Goodevening Gentlemen of knowledge! Could anyone give me a clue as to what oil to put in the engine?....there' so many manufacturers out there I dont want to end up getting an expesive oil when a cheaper one will do the same job. ( just watchin' the pennies!)

I use Morris's 5W/30 semi synthetic.

I use Morris's 5W/30 semi synthetic.

Hi anchorman. I've just been lookin' @ Castrol fully snythetic for £28 for 4ltr . is this a good price?

I think it is too expensive. You need 1.5 tubs don't forget, so that is £42 worth but you will have to buy £56 worth

You can get Morris's online but most motor factors will supply you with a good 5W/30 SS :thumbsup:

Asda have Castrol GTX Magnatec 5W30 Fully synthetic on offer at most of the larger stores at £10 for 4 litres.. Usually £24 ....... :thumbsup:

Asda have Castrol GTX Magnatec 5W30 Fully synthetic on offer at most of the larger stores at £10 for 4 litres.. Usually £24 ....... :thumbsup:

JUST been on morris,s web site and again too many brands!wot type do u have anchorman? sorry for bein a pest but dont want to get bit wrong! Never changed oil in a diesel before. :crybaby:

Baz any good quality semi or fully sythetic 5W30 Oil will be OK for the car.. Asdas offer is fantastic and its a Premium brand Quality oil that meets or exceeds most Car Manufacturers specification...

Charlie.

Baz any good quality semi or fully sythetic 5W30 Oil will be OK for the car.. Asdas offer is fantastic and its a Premium brand Quality oil that meets or exceeds most Car Manufacturers specification...

Charlie.

Cheers Charlie, No asda in Oban so i,ll just have to get TESCO'S :rolleyes: !

This is the exact same oil that Asda are doing.. Forget the Ford logo on the container it just says that the Oil exceeds Fors specifications ..... Oban eh .. Surprised Asda dont have stores up there as they seem to dominate the supermarkets in central Scotland where I live !!

The link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CASTROL-MAGNATEC-5W30-FULLY-SYNTHETIC-5LTR-OIL-/110665713373?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c430c6dd#ht_650wt_905

This is the stuff. You can get it much cheaper from a factor - I pay about £20 including VAT for 5 litres.

http://www.morrislubricantsonline.co.uk/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=45&product=Multivis+5W%2F30+Semi%2DSynthetic+Motor+Oil

The oil that Charlie has pointed out will do just as well and is at a good price.

:thumbsup:

This is the stuff. You can get it much cheaper from a factor - I pay about £20 including VAT for 5 litres.

http://www.morrislubricantsonline.co.uk/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=45&product=Multivis+5W%2F30+Semi%2DSynthetic+Motor+Oil

The oil that Charlie has pointed out will do just as well and is at a good price.

Jusi orded 6ltr from Morris's ,only £43 delivered to door! Not bad considering most companies charge extra for delivery to the "scottish highlands" (anyone would think we live a million miles away! thanks gentlemen :thumbsup:

wur charity have recently bought 2 big fuel tanks, to find that between them they contain almost 2000 litres of what we have been told is engine oil. The stuff certainly looks clean like wot new oil does.

Anybody know how we can get this stuff checked as we would like to sell it as our 7 trucks etc don't use that much oil. We'd intend to sell it with all proceeds going to our charity... just a bit frightened that its not engine oil... ye ken. I could give 10 litres to Big Kev and see what reaction we get 3 weeks later ???

Its no diesel, and its no hydraulic oil and defo no petrol.

wur charity have recently bought 2 big fuel tanks, to find that between them they contain almost 2000 litres of what we have been told is engine oil. The stuff certainly looks clean like wot new oil does.

Anybody know how we can get this stuff checked as we would like to sell it as our 7 trucks etc don't use that much oil. We'd intend to sell it with all proceeds going to our charity... just a bit frightened that its not engine oil... ye ken. I could give 10 litres to Big Kev and see what reaction we get 3 weeks later ???

Its no diesel, and its no hydraulic oil and defo no petrol.

Chip fat :unsure:

You could try it on a few Mars bars :thumbsup:

baz1631, love your comment on Post and the Highlands.Although we on island have our own Post Office,it,s amazing this idea of being "far flung" and the charges it incures. I pass the UK Royal Mail truck coming off the Ferry every morning and do have a chuckle to myself, anybody would think we live on planet Zogg !!!!!!!

Regards Clare

baz1631, love your comment on Post and the Highlands.Although we on island have our own Post Office,it,s amazing this idea of being "far flung" and the charges it incures. I pass the UK Royal Mail truck coming off the Ferry every morning and do have a chuckle to myself, anybody would think we live on planet Zogg !!!!!!!

Regards Clare

Yea quite agree, we'll be gettin' national passports soon! anyway, got ma oil from morris's and ma scv's from kingo.and they were even reduced by...........£90! .no kiddin! and even arrived less than 24hrs later, so scotland cant b that far away after all! :thumbsup: I must say, it renews your faith in mr T at least! .well done Lindop :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links