Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecu Reset On The 1.33L Seems To Have Corrected An Issue.

Mooly

Have owned my 1.33 Auris from new so I know its "driving" history so to speak and I am the only driver of it

Anyway, around 5 months ago I noticed that it could feel a little "flat" on the motorway at times, but more than this I was aware of a sensation that felt as if you you were coming on and off the power very slowly and regularly. The effect was subtle and certainly couldn't be seen on speedo but you could sense it. Sometimes you wondered if it was just imagination...

So on Friday last I reset the ECU (disconnected Battery neg and pressed brake pedal to discharge any capacitors). Have since covered around 120 miles on mixed roads and motorways and have to report that it feels totally different, much more responsive in acceleration and with none of the "hunting" that I was aware of before.

This kind of thing crops up seemingly often and now I have experienced it first hand.

Hello there. What type of gearbox you've got on your Auris ? I ask u becouse this kind of phenomenon can appear with multimode gearbox.

Hello there. What type of gearbox you've got on your Auris ? I ask u becouse this kind of phenomenon can appear with multimode gearbox.

Hi Claudio, it's the 6 speed manual.