Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuning Pedal Box

gazzat180

Been in contact with DTUK tuning and their waiting for the new german designed pedal box for the 2.2D auris to be released. Had one of these fitted to my astra and wow what a difference went like a rocket just touch the throttle and you were gone. The astra petrol I had the turbo used to come in at 4000 rpm with pedal box fitted came in at 2500 rpm. Its gonna be intresting to see just what difference it makes on the 2.2 auris may have to wait 2-3 weeks before its released cant wait doesnt effect the ecu and doesnt pump more diesel in the pots which clog up the Dcat so all in all win win. Will update when I get it.

• 1 month later...

Just fitted from germany awesome power now for just £165.00 deliverd no extra fuel being pumped in same bhp just a massive increase in pulling power well happy.

Just fitted from germany awesome power now for just £165.00 deliverd no extra fuel being pumped in same bhp just a massive increase in pulling power well happy.

How does it work then?

How does it work then?

Ditto...

Hello mate basically when you put your foot down on the accelerated pedal it sends a signal to the ecu to open the butterfly valve on the air intake to open fully but there's a huge delay & when U think its fully open by pitting your foot down its actually not so this box sends a signal to open fully immediately. I know it sounds strange but good bit of kit this is my second one I had one on my old Astra cdti when I sold that car I took the box off and sold it to my mate who has a 1.7 Astra diesel and misses cant drive it anymore she said its to quick. So its up to you no added diesel into cylinders to clog up dcat. just unclip plug off throttle pedal and connect boxHope this helps.

Hello mate basically when you put your foot down on the accelerated pedal it sends a signal to the ecu to open the butterfly valve on the air intake to open fully but there's a huge delay & when U think its fully open by pitting your foot down its actually not so this box sends a signal to open fully immediately. I know it sounds strange but good bit of kit this is my second one I had one on my old Astra cdti when I sold that car I took the box off and sold it to my mate who has a 1.7 Astra diesel and misses cant drive it anymore she said its to quick. So its up to you no added diesel into cylinders to clog up dcat. just unclip plug off throttle pedal and connect boxHope this helps.

Cooler than cool, ! :yes:

Excuse me if I'm being thick here, but not sure I'm really getting how this works. So it's not making any more power or torque, it's not using more diesel or offering better MPG - it's just improving throttle response. Is that right ?

more info on the German site plus it's by the manufacturer rather than a reseller.

Ive ordered mine! :yahoo:

Good stuff I was the 1st person to order one for an auris 2.2 did U speak to Darryl? When does it get delivered? I've got mine set on map 2 let me know what U think you won't be dissapointed.:)

Good stuff I was the 1st person to order one for an auris 2.2 did U speak to Darryl? When does it get delivered? I've got mine set on map 2 let me know what U think you won't be dissapointed.:)

Its arrived and fitted, which one is map two, the lights are Amber, Green and Red, ?

I think its the green light the middle one. Sport 2 map says in booklet. Let me know what U think.

post-112952-0-68824900-1322931079_thumb.post-112952-0-48270700-1322931021_thumb.

I think its the green light the middle one. Sport 2 map says in booklet. Let me know what U think.

Yes its "proper bo" ive been for a burn on "Green for go" and it definately has more kick, and urgency, justing looking at the revs it zooms over from 2000 to 4000 a lot quicker than before, and before you know it your doing 80. :thumbsup:

post-112952-0-70115100-1322930858_thumb.

post-112952-0-53926200-1322930890_thumb.

post-112952-0-24434200-1322930911_thumb.

post-112952-0-24859100-1322930936_thumb.

post-112952-0-83731100-1322930963_thumb.

post-112952-0-03348000-1322930986_thumb.

post-112952-0-83582000-1322931050_thumb.

post-112952-0-88256000-1322931067_thumb.

Well done mate I think their well worth the money & a big improvement certainly gives it a punch.

post-112952-0-68824900-1322931079_thumb.post-112952-0-48270700-1322931021_thumb.

Yes its "proper bo" ive been for a burn on "Green for go" and it definately has more kick, and urgency, justing looking at the revs it zooms over from 2000 to 4000 a lot quicker than before, and before you know it your doing 80. :thumbsup:

Wow! Very good post and pics :thumbsup:

But I have to say what a faff it looks like fitting it compared to a piggy-back box in the engine bay. But the results sound very good :toast:

You removed the whole pedal box I managed to fit the wire without removing anything. Keep smiling.:)

Yeh i tried to fit it without removing but i couldnt get the connector out, im sure you can if you keep at it. It was very easy to remove the accelerator pedal just two nuts and its off, then i could get to the connector with the pliers and it popped out easy. :rolleyes: the whole job just 10 minutes.

Good stuff. I hope you enjoy you can really feel it pulling I couldn't go back to standard now.

Well, i got some Eibach lowering springs on order, im gonna get some spacers to make it a bit wider (helps with the handling and makes it look a little meaner), i might get a strut brace, and then i might get a tuning box as well, the thing will be a beast if i get all that done? :drool:

I've got similiar device installed, it's called Throttle Controller. Been using it for a half year or so now. I ordered mine from Russia, the company is called JetterAuto. I can help with ordering if someone wants me to. Just send the money using Western Union to the dealer and you will receive the device. I have contact information if you want to contact the dealer.

There is a big thread regarding Jetter on the Auris Club Russia forum and lots of positive feedback too. It costs approximately 100 euros and the customer service is great!