Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vcs Activates After Recent Tyre Changes

CBear

Hi all,

After recently having both back tyres replaced with the same size as previous the Vcs system activates pretty much on every exit of each roundabout.....I realise the system is doing it job but it shouldnt activate on dry summer roads....... I contacted the garage who changed the tyres and they don't know why this has happened. They are as puzzled as me...???

I have had the car 6 years and it has never missed a beat until now.

I would appreciate any info at all. I have done all the obvious things with fuses etc but as yet not had a fault code diagnostic.

Thx

"Toyota Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
VSC helps prevent wheelslip and loss of traction by reducing engine power and applying brake force to wheels that need it. The system reads data from a steering wheel sensor and the ABS wheel-speed sensors to determine if the vehicle is following the driver’s steering inputs. If the vehicle is deviating from the direction in which the driver is steering, VSC is designed to reduce engine power and pulse the left- or right-side brakes to help correct the situation."

Could one of the rear ABS wheel speed sensors have been disturbed/damaged when the rear wheels were removed to replace the tyres?

Hi CBear.

I remember from my biking years that the new tyres should be allowed to "scrub in". When new, they have mold release agent on them which takes time to wear off, hence slipping if not careful.

I've had it with some budget tyres fitted, and takes quite a few miles before they scrub in and get acceptable grip.

Cheers

Stu

Hi thx for your quick and excellent feedback guys. Appreciate it.

Hi thx for your quick and excellent feedback guys. Appreciate it.

Could it be a Yaw Rate sensor as opposed to an Abs sensor...???

Thx

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links