Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wind Noise Auris 1.6 Sport 2013

clacka

just wanted to raise again my issue with wind noise from both windows,ive had several avensis and the old auris with nothing but a whisper...with this one i get a howling noise and NO....ITS NOT road noise.would like to see if its just my car or is it a manufacturing problem..thanks.

Fold your mirrors in and have a look between the mirror head and mirror arm, from the factory there is a manufacturing ID sticker in there which if not removed makes a howling noise when it starts to flap rapidly in the wind. I have had a few cars where the valet bay have missed removing these stickers and it sounds awful.

Hi your not the only one mate, bought a new Auris in july having had a fault free 12 years of owning an Avensis.

Noticed the wind noise like the window was slightly open from day one, the noise starts at about 50MPH depending on the direction of the wind. Took it back to Toyota garage and guess what........ they had been on to Toyota "no one else has had this problem".

There are 2 sets of seals, i think the noise comes from the wind coming past the first seal at around 50 MPH then when its windy it actually whistles past the second seal when driving fast on the motorway.

Dave

Thanks Dave,was sure I wouldn't be the only one,think I know my cars,the big question is....will anyone listen to our issue,somehow I think not. Always worth a try.

Have you contacted Toyota customer services directly?

Yes,when they replaced a front shock absorber I mentioned the wind noise but after they did a test drive he said it didn't seem to be a problem, to be honest I felt a bit fobbed off.....I really do feel there is an issue. I love my cars but sadly this is a little disappointing.

My 57 plate Auris was fine until the drivers door got damaged and replaced now there is a lot more wind noise from it than before, could they be using a differant pattern seal?

I am interested in contacting people who have or had clutch problems on the M/M auto box, the year and mileage of the car at the time the fault occured.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 2013 Auris, and the wind noise is more noticeable than on my previous car (a Fiat Gande Punto). Maybe it's more noticeable because the road noise is well suppressed?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links