Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr180 Turbo On 2.0

smudge-1991

will the turbo from a 2.2 diesel sr180 fit on the 2.0 diesel sr... im lookin into startin to get some more oomph from mine

You could just try an electronic boost controller provided there is one for our car

how are you going to get it mapped for to get the extra power out of it? As far as im aware nobody has cracked the denso ecu yet?

Alex

im purely curios atm just lookin at options to gain some more power

Another way is instead of replacing just use a boost bleed valve: http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/turbo-bleed-valve. This gets installed between the inlet manifold and the cars boost sensor (if memory serves) and it bleeds some of the pressure off going to the boost gauge to make the turbo spin up more (again if memory serves)

surly then that means im losing boost not gainin if i am bleeeding the pressure off

You are only bleeding it too the sensor. I'll double check when I can and post back.

Edit:

I use these guys for a lot of stuff for mods. Try watching this to give you a better idea of how and where to install a bleed valve:

You will need a boost gauge as well: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/150466-boost-gauge-fitting/

Alternately you could just buy a tuning box & fit that - it takes minutes & involves no mechanical changes at all :thumbsup:

That is also true. Although do all of them come with turbo changing equipment???

Sorry i didnt mean about changing the turbo. i just meant will the tuning box increase the boost of the turbo?

We do a TUNING KIT, it boosts the fuel pressure AND boost pressure, it ups the power and torque up to 25% and will put a smile on your face for a lot less money that faffing around swopping turbo's and all tyhe associated aggro

Kingo :thumbsup:

what sort of price would it be for the box also i was gonna change the air feed

Tuning kit is £375.00 What do you mean change the air feed? A cone air filter or similar?

Save up and buy a SR180, chasing power on the old 2.0 litre will probably result in wrecking it.

• 3 months later...

Ok so I have got my hands on a manual bleed valve fitted to a mates supra and bought a gauge and the bleed valve does work not all that great but for a freebie it ain't bad from just under 20 psi to 22 psi could go higher but I don't want to make the turbo spike and knacker it

2 psi on a diesel you won't see much, if any, difference (my boost gauge already reads 22psi at full boost). If that was on a petrol you May see more difference. Try running an obd scanner as well (if you have one) and keep an eye on things whilst increasing boost. And where did you fit the bleed valve.

I haven't started to play with it yet just got it fitted

O right ok. Where and how did you fit it. Can you get some pics or a video please. I'm interested to see where you fitted it.

Fitted and just open was 22 psi and it is a noticeable kick ... After crimbo I'm gonna play a bit I have heard people that are running a steady 27 psi in foreign models ( Australia mainly ) ... I will take photos on fitment place and make a thread about how to fit one

• Like 1

aidsy where did you put your boost guage when u fitted it

It is currently only taped in place underneath the a pillar on the right hand side.