Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Torque Log Analyzer - Improve Your Hybrid Driving

Alessandro71

The real fun begins when the trip is over.

All you need is an Android phone, Torque app, and OBD bluetooth adapter.

You can find it here:

http://torqueloganalyzer.blogspot.com

Note: this is free tool, developed for fun. Suggestions are welcome.

I'll take a look at that when I get my Auris Hybrid, which is currently on order. I ordered a OBD bluetooth adapter earlier today with a view to trying out the Torque app.

Do you, or anyone else who is reading this, know if the PIDs for the Gen III prius is the correct one to use for the new Auris?

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to wait until mid October to get the car but will try your analyser then.

Yeah, I have used the Torque app on my Auris, it's the same drive train etc as on the Prius so all the pids are the same.

I only used mine once though, as my phone only allows one bluetooth connection to be used at a time, and I like my hands free!

• Like 1

Ok, I'll have to check that out, not sure how many connections I can make at once. The torque app isn't something I'd be running all the time anyway, but for a few quid for the adaptor and a few quid for the app it seemed too cheap not to try out.

• 1 month later...

Two questions, if I may:

Is there a PID for the 2010 Auris HSD T4 ?

What part does the OBD bluetooth adapter play in this system ?: my T4 is not equipped with BT

• 2 months later...

Torque Log Analyzer has been updated with new functions to analyze electric contribution to petrol engine and evaluation of P&G/P&N techniques

Visit the website at http://torqueloganalyzer.blogspot.it/

Torque Log Analyzer is also on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Torque-Log-Analyzer/194261957434863

• 10 months later...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This only relates to getting the Torque App to work, not the Torque Log Analyser.

My problem is that when I connect to the Hybrid-specific functions such as MG1/MG2 revs the gauges alternately read lowest scale value then the correct value. This makes the real-time monitoring unworkable. Given that the whole reason for buying the setup below was exclusively for this monitoring that is not a happy situation.

The built-in functions such as engine revs and coolant temperature are working fine. I also have a correct auxiliary Battery voltage. I went to a lot of trouble of putting in gauges for the traction Battery voltages and series resistances, but those gauges just produced some almost arbitrary values. I deleted them as there were 14 gauges for each and I thought that might be causing the problem. I tried disabling ELM327 auto-timing to no effect. I also turned off the "faster communication" option to no effect.

I'm guessing the values are reading correctly then reading a zero value which takes the gauges to their most negative readings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
In order to be specific, here is my exact setup ...

Phone is Huawei Y330-U01
Android 4.2.2

Torque Pro 1.8.54

Blue tooth interface: Power2 blue

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Supper-Bluetooth-Compatible-Android-Support/dp/B009NPAORC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434279151&sr=8-2&keywords=obd-ii+bluetooth

Car is an Auris Hybrid (ZWE186) 2013.

I have used additional PIDs from the Gen III Prius 4-24-12 (metric) file

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To add insult to injury I tried using the Torque Scan plugin. This demanded full read/write access, said it was going to take a long while, and finally returned apparently having failed to produce any sort of result. What it did do is turn off the continuous reversing beep. So now I have an unknown number of customisable features that may have been changed. Not a happy camper.

I've seen zero and out of scale values before. To my experience they're caused by faulty OBD adapters.

As they're quite cheap I suggest you to get another one, maybe a different model, just to try out.

I've seen zero and out of scale values before. To my experience they're caused by faulty OBD adapters.

As they're quite cheap I suggest you to get another one, maybe a different model, just to try out.

I thought I was buying one that was more likely to work as it was more expensive :no:

The trouble is there are a lot of unknowns. Maybe it is the phone itself, or the operating system, or the adapter, or the car having an unexpected timing. The fact that it is working on the "simple" internal functions suggests to me it is the app not handling something optimally. That is arguably not surprising since the manufacturer is not supporting the app and therefore will not have provided any documentation. That means the program is necessarily a bit of a hack, doing things which seem to work in most cases.

It would be good to know how many people are successfully using Torque Pro with the Auris Hybrid (and what setup they have).

I use Torque Pro all the time with my Yaris Hybrid (MY2015) which is just about the same (apart from larger ICE) and don't experience any of the problems you seem to be having... As Alessandro said, try a different OBDII adaptor.

This is the one I am using... Has been 100% reliable.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-ELM327-OBD2-V1-5-Car-Bluetooth-Scanner-Android-Auto-Scan-Diagnostic-Tool-UK-/271623595403?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f3e07258b

• Like 1

I use Torque Pro all the time with my Yaris Hybrid (MY2015) which is just about the same (apart from larger ICE) and don't experience any of the problems you seem to be having... As Alessandro said, try a different OBDII adaptor.

This is the one I am using... Has been 100% reliable.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-ELM327-OBD2-V1-5-Car-Bluetooth-Scanner-Android-Auto-Scan-Diagnostic-Tool-UK-/271623595403?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f3e07258b

Thanks, that's useful infomation. What phone and operating system are you using?

Nexus 5 (LGE) with v5.1.1 Android

Nexus 5 (LGE) with v5.1.1 Android

Thanks.

I just had a thought that maybe the car's bluetooth was corrupting the data stream so I turned off the car's bluetooth. No joy :no:

You would think if the adapter was causing the problem the Torque Pro built-in adapter error count would be non-zero, but it just reads zero, despite MG1 and MG2 rev speeds changing from 0 to -12000 when the car is stationary and the ICE is off! And yet when the ICE is on the engine rev counter updates frequently and is a nice smooth consistent value.

I can only suggest that there is something going on between the adaptor and phone at the bluetooth level... Have you tried completely rebooting the phone to force the BT drivers to reload/restart? What version are the BT drivers on the phone?

With mine all on and in EV mode (in Park) with ICE off, I do get a drift from -1 to +1 in the MG2 gauge but it is not "erratic" as such. MG1 stays steadily at 0 until the ICE kicks in...

I can only suggest that there is something going on between the adaptor and phone at the bluetooth level... Have you tried completely rebooting the phone to force the BT drivers to reload/restart? What version are the BT drivers on the phone?

The phone is only on when i want to play OBD. That is the only reason I bought it. I assume that turning it ON from an OFF state is equivalent to rebooting. The blue tooth driver is an app entitled bluetooth Version 4.2.2 -102.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links