Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Door Panel Removal 2007

Jacj 66

Hi Yesterday I asked for help in removing the electric nearside wing mirror on my Avensis 2007 model. I received this information thank you very much. I can now remove the mirror, but do I have to remove the door panel to get at the electrical connection. If so can someone help as I do not want to damage the door panel

See my picture, you will need a flat end and Philips screw driver and 10 mm socket with extension and a trim removal tool if you have one.

1. remove the cover around handle, there will be one or two screws behind there.

2. remove the window switch and electrical connector, and you will see a screw there.

3. remove the Avensis Badge, or fuel flap switch if doing drivers. you will then have to look up into it they will be a 10mm bolt at a angle.

then pull the door card from underneath they will be 8 clips that need pulling out. then door card should come away from door.

make sure you disconnect electrical connector for the light near the bottom of door.

I have attached a diagram also.

you might need to remove tweeter too to change the wing mirror- I'm sure it just pulls away and you will unplug a electrical connector for the tweeter.

post-125194-0-96323000-1407771437_thumb.

post-125194-0-56330600-1407772086_thumb.

mine is a 2004 but should be the same;

wing mirror is held by 6 bolts

post-125194-0-01173000-1407772232_thumb.

rear door diagram if anyone comes across this thread in future;

post-125194-0-88607700-1407772603_thumb.

HI A great thank you to whoever sent a reply to my question of how to remove a door panel from my Toyota Avensis. Without this I would never have thought to look up at an angle for the third bolt. With your assistance I have been able to change my wing mirror easily. I think the reply came from Raistlin!!! Thanks again

jack Skitt

That third bolt got me and its one that I will never forget lol I kept looking for a Phillips screw inside there somewhere.

Great bit of team work there lads, now about that payment ...... :beer: :beer:

Pete. :cheers:

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi i have a 2008 avensis and i removed half of the door panel of the rear right door but i cant seem to fix it back in place does anyone know what i can do?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links