Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recall For Auris, Yaris, Urban Cruiser, Iq And Corolla

FROSTYBALLS

The latest recall is reference R/2014/160 and the recall began on 7th January 2015. The recall affects the Auris, Yaris, Urban Cruiser, IQ and Corolla built between 13/11/2008 and 13/09/2013.

Description: Oil may accumulate in the turbo charger and, in certain circumstances, flow into the combustion chamber. This may cause engine damage. In extreme cases oil can be ejected from the engine and if it comes in contact with an ignition source may result in a fire.

Remedial action: Depending on vehicle diagnosis, modify intercooler layout to improve air flow; upgrade ECU software; upgrade turbo charger and/or vacuum pump.

Use Toyota's recall checker to see whether your car is affected - http://www.toyota.co.../recall-checker

Glad I've got a normally aspirated petrol engine sans turbo, intercooler, associated pipework etc and no need for a separate vacuum pump to give me a brake servo.

Glad I've got a normally aspirated petrol engine sans turbo, intercooler, associated pipework etc and no need for a separate vacuum pump to give me a brake servo.

I agree, although I think the 1.6 petrol engine in mine actually does have a brake vacuum pump as the Valvematic engines don't produce enough manifold vacuum to power a servo due to not using a conventional throttle.

Thanks for the correction Nick, never realised these engines had a separate vacuum pump. They're doing weird and wonderful things with engines these days, I remember reading the specs on mine and noticing the compression ratio was 10.5 to 1 and I wondered how they managed to run at that compression ratio on cheap unleaded petrol. At one time if you had a compression ratio even 10 to 1 you'd have needed 5 star fuel and maybe even an anti-knock additive. Mind you they're employing the Miller and Atkinson cycle principles to shorten the compression stroke by using the valve timing (ie leaving the inlet valve open for part of the compression stroke) so I don't think the "real" compression ratio will be anything like.

I had my recall notice from Toyota on Friday any body any idea how long this work will take ?

Probably depend on the diagnosis as to the amount of work required

booked my Auris in for the recall was told it will a few hours to check to see what work is required.

Thanks I will get my Son to pick me up I will leave it with them . I might start looking at there stock and buy something if left to wonder while waiting for works to be done :bye:

Ask for a courtesy car for the day or how ever long it takes, you are entitled to it.

booked my Auris in for the recall was told it will a few hours to check to see what work is required.

As the letter states " As you would expect, we are currently scheduling a programme to complete the rework of all affected vehicles. You do not need to take any action now. We will contact you again in due course to confirm when your vehicle can be taken in for the necessary modification." Toyota sre informing you of their intention to recall your car at dealer level we are yet to receive any instruction on what or how to complete the recall so bookings are pointless and repair cannot yet be completed.

• 1 month later...

I have my 63 plate Auris diesel booked in, they said it's needed all day,

I have noticed a strange oily burning smell now and again but can't see any leaks etc, and will tell them before I take it in Thursday next week

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

I have my 63 plate Auris diesel booked in, they said it's needed all day,

I have noticed a strange oily burning smell now and again but can't see any leaks etc, and will tell them before I take it in Thursday next week

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

Can't see why the dealer would require your car all day, your car may only need a software update which if required takes less than an hour to complete.

Hello, can anyone of those who received their recall notice, check what does appear on the toyota-tech.eu site, in the recall section? I'm interested if this new recall appears there, and what does it states.

Recall mechanisms will vary from country to country. If you think your vehicle may be affected by a recall, you can input your VIN into the recall section of the site and get confirmation as to whether the vehicle is affected or not.

There is no need for anyone who has had a recall letter to check on toyota-tech.eu.

Hello, can anyone of those who received their recall notice, check what does appear on the toyota-tech.eu site, in the recall section? I'm interested if this new recall appears there, and what does it states.

What is actually required is dependant on an inspection of the car. It could just be an ECU update, or it could need a new turbo and intercooler, that is determined by an inspection

What appears on the UK Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (the Government Agency responsible for the recall system within the UK) website was quoted at post 1 of this topic -

Description: Oil may accumulate in the turbo charger and, in certain circumstances, flow into the combustion chamber. This may cause engine damage. In extreme cases oil can be ejected from the engine and if it comes in contact with an ignition source may result in a fire.

Remedial action: Depending on vehicle diagnosis, modify intercooler layout to improve air flow; upgrade ECU software; upgrade turbo charger and/or vacuum pump.

There is no online way to check our car for this recall in my country. There is no information at all, when I asked the dealer, they were a bit surprised and called me after 15 minutes saying the car is not affected, but when I asked them where did they checked, they said toyota-tech. When I checked it there, it does not state this recall, but last time it did not state the Power window master switch either, at the beginning of the campaign (only after a while but the car was affected by that recall). Also as the car's first registration is in another country, we did not receive any notice for the window switch, it was pure luck that we found out it was affected and passed that recall. That is why I want to be sure if this time it appears on the toyota-tech site. As if it appears, then my car is not affected (super), if it does not appear, then it is unknown again.

If I enter the VIN in the uk site, it states that there is no information about the car in the database, which seems normal as the car is not UK registered.

I do not want for anyone to double check their notice, just to check if this site has an up to date database this time.

The best thing to do would be to contact the importer directly - what country are you in?

There is no online way to check our car for this recall in my country. There is no information at all, when I asked the dealer, they were a bit surprised and called me after 15 minutes saying the car is not affected, but when I asked them where did they checked, they said toyota-tech. When I checked it there, it does not state this recall, but last time it did not state the Power window master switch either, at the beginning of the campaign (only after a while but the car was affected by that recall). Also as the car's first registration is in another country, we did not receive any notice for the window switch, it was pure luck that we found out it was affected and passed that recall. That is why I want to be sure if this time it appears on the toyota-tech site. As if it appears, then my car is not affected (super), if it does not appear, then it is unknown again.

If I enter the VIN in the uk site, it states that there is no information about the car in the database, which seems normal as the car is not UK registered.

I do not want for anyone to double check their notice, just to check if this site has an up to date database this time.

PM your chassis number and I will check on my warranty system.

Go to toyota-tech.eu, from the top menu select repair, free access, campaing infomation. From next page select Recalls/Campaings. Enter your vin and you should see if your car is affected.

Mine is, but the campaing hasn't started yet here in Finland. Toyota hasn't sent any information to the dealers yet how to handle these.

Baba your 2.0D Auris is not included in the recall mentioned in this thread as the recall only affects the 1.4D, there are currently no recalls outstanding on your car

• 3 weeks later...

I got a letter from Toyota today about this recall. I'm going to have a 90tkm service at the end of the week, hope they can check what needs to be done at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

My Auris goes in next Thursdays at 5 O'clock they recon it will take about an hour they offered me a car or a lift home but it wasn't really worth it for an hour

Well had mine done today it took just over an hour. then the bad news while in for recall they checked my car over and found both front tyres on 2mm outer edges and to add insult to injury one of my back tyres has a couple of nails in it to close to the edge of the tyre to repair this tyre has an even 5mm of tread on it :D so I think a set of 4 is required and a new alloy so I will have a full size spare instead of the diet version all I can say is I am glad its not the Jag

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links