Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 P1135 Fault Code

wmcegcaveman

:ffs: hi i have a 2001 rav4 vvti gx showing fault p1135

a/f sensor bank 1 sensor 1 heater fault. ive checked with a meter and confirmed the heater on that sensor is dead

does anyone no the correct toyota part number and suppier that willnot charge the silly money toyota will ask for in the uk .

ps most reports i,ve seen refure to a 22mm socket to remove the sensor but i have offerd up a 22mm spanner just to check size and it seems to be a little loose fit ,is there another size sensor or are thay all 22mm? :eek:

a/f sensor bank 1 sensor 1 heater fault. ive checked with a meter and confirmed the heater on that sensor is dead

does anyone no the correct toyota part number and suppier that willnot charge the silly money toyota will ask for in the uk .

ps most reports i,ve seen refure to a 22mm socket to remove the sensor but i have offerd up a 22mm spanner just to check size and it seems to be a little loose fit ,is there another size sensor or are thay all 22mm? :eek:

Hey wmcegcaveman, you posted this in the Avensis forum...they may use the same engine in some instances but may get a better response from the RAV4 forum (Mods can you re-post this in the forum for us please) :D :D

Welcome to the club as well :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Not able to expertly answer your question...but we do have a Toyota parts man on here (Kingo is his name Parts King) so he may answer the question on cost of new part & part number...Rest off them will be along as soon as they've sobered up :wacko: :wacko:

• 1 month later...

Hey wmcegcaveman, you posted this in the Avensis forum...they may use the same engine in some instances but may get a better response from the RAV4 forum (Mods can you re-post this in the forum for us please) :D :D

Welcome to the club as well :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Not able to expertly answer your question...but we do have a Toyota parts man on here (Kingo is his name Parts King) so he may answer the question on cost of new part & part number...Rest off them will be along as soon as they've sobered up :wacko: :wacko:

hi the sensor you require is looking at the engine from the front of the car the right hand top sensor nearest gearbox. toyota part no 89467-42020 this part is made by nippon denso part no 234-9023 unfortunately unable to attain in the uk if you can find one let me know. nippon denso make all the electronic parts for toyota. a 22 mm ring spanner is required and you also have to take off the exhaust hear shield warm the engine not too hot before removing the sensor as this makes it easier to undo. if you are uncertain of the sensor unplug the top left hand sensor your code should now read p1155. do not try universal sensors as they only seem to work on the bottom sensors. your car will pass the mot and no harm will come to your engine as it only warms up inflowing exhaust gas to the cat. these are a very common problem the heater part of the sensor some are replaced in the first year under warranty. the best price i could get was £149.95+vat hope i have been of some help. john

• 11 months later...

How did you check it with the meter?

• 1 year later...

Hi Johnty,

I recently had a fault code P1135 on my RAV4, looking in the forums I found your post and thought great, someone with the part number I require. I would like to point out that the part number you list is for the left hand side sensor and not right hand side as required. I have purchased the part as per your quoted code (89467-42020) but the leads/wires are too short. The correct part number should be 89467-42010, you list the Denso numbers correctly.

I am not having a go but having looked through the later posts on Toyota forums several people have purchased the wrong part based on your post. Toyota dealers will not take the part back as it is electronic so I am forced to eBay a sensor I paid £190 for a few days ago and purchase another. Please could you update your entry to avoid this happening to anyone else?

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8524 (Picture of sensor locations)

P1135 upper right - Toyota part# 89467-42010 - Denso part# 234-9023

P1155 upper left - Toyota part# 89467-42020 - Denso part# 234-9028

Regards, CB

hi the sensor you require is looking at the engine from the front of the car the right hand top sensor nearest gearbox. toyota part no 89467-42020 this part is made by nippon denso part no 234-9023 unfortunately unable to attain in the uk if you can find one let me know. nippon denso make all the electronic parts for toyota. a 22 mm ring spanner is required and you also have to take off the exhaust hear shield warm the engine not too hot before removing the sensor as this makes it easier to undo. if you are uncertain of the sensor unplug the top left hand sensor your code should now read p1155. do not try universal sensors as they only seem to work on the bottom sensors. your car will pass the mot and no harm will come to your engine as it only warms up inflowing exhaust gas to the cat. these are a very common problem the heater part of the sensor some are replaced in the first year under warranty. the best price i could get was £149.95+vat hope i have been of some help. john

hi,

i best price i could find for 89467-42010 was £90.48 inc vat, +£5.80 delivery from: www.worldcarparts.co.uk

hope this helps.

mark.

Hi there...

Im in the same position at the moment with my avensis...have error code P0155 bank 2 sensor 1...and im so scared as to which sensor i need to replace...so please please please tell us...how do you check it with a meter??? I already have one of those multi-meters...is this what i use and if so what am i looking for? Regards...Sammy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links