Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hesitation

tonylwt

hi, anybody out there got any magic tips?. sometimes you need a fairly quick getaway at a roundabout .the 1.4 diesel mm seems to hesitate when you put your foot down before the power kicks in.....help. thanks. :rolleyes:

hi, anybody out there got any magic tips?. sometimes you need a fairly quick getaway at a roundabout .the 1.4 diesel mm seems to hesitate when you put your foot down before the power kicks in.....help. thanks. :rolleyes:

Is the 1.4 turbo? If so its the lag and there aint much you can do except maybe chipping it? Other than that, rev to 2k before you clutch/bite but thats less mechanical sympathy.

Yes, 1.4 D-4D is turbocharged and needs a little bit revving, around 2000 for getting that kick out of it but do not expect much. It's 1.4 after all... :)

Is the 1.4 turbo? If so its the lag and there aint much you can do except maybe chipping it? Other than that, rev to 2k before you clutch/bite but thats less mechanical sympathy.

thanks but how can you rev with multi mode semi auto?

Yes, 1.4 D-4D is turbocharged and needs a little bit revving, around 2000 for getting that kick out of it but do not expect much. It's 1.4 after all... :)

thanks, but how do you rev with the multi mode semi auto?

Hello!

With MultiMode there's no way you can do the revving. So here's my tip: just live with it! I'm living with this same fact too (have 1.6 petrol engine with MM-T). I think it's not the engine, it's the gearbox. I'm pretty sure actually! :yes:

Best regards, Alex

I've no idea how can you rev a Multi-Mode transmission, I don't think you can though...

My brother Alex must be correct because he owns one so listen to him. :thumbsup:

I've no idea how can you rev a Multi-Mode transmission, I don't think you can though...

My brother Alex must be correct because he owns one so listen to him. :thumbsup:

:yes::thumbsup:

Hello!

With MultiMode there's no way you can do the revving. So here's my tip: just live with it! I'm living with this same fact too (have 1.6 petrol engine with MM-T). I think it's not the engine, it's the gearbox. I'm pretty sure actually! :yes:

Best regards, Alex

thanks boys.....i will try. tony.

Ive got the 4 speed auto 1.8 litre Corolla (Auris) and the tranny looks exactly like this:

corolla07autointerior.jpg

So my gear box goes harder than the one with the paddles?

I always thought the paddles were for better exalleration?

Ive got the 4 speed auto 1.8 litre Corolla (Auris) and the tranny looks exactly like this:

corolla07autointerior.jpg

So my gear box goes harder than the one with the paddles?

I always thought the paddles were for better exalleration?

You mean the paddles behind the steering wheel? They are just to offer more options how you can

change gears I think. And so you will be able to keep your hand on the wheel all the time if you want...

My opinion is that your gearbox is the best!! Should have ordered an Auris like yours, for example from Africa

(pretty sure that they have Auris' with 1.8 engine and full-automatic gearbox. Then I'd have the full-automatic too :rolleyes:

I owned a M.M.T 1.4 Diesel for nearly two years.

There is no way you can rev it to get a racing start without causing untold damage to the gearbox.

Sorry, but its one of the slower cars although when it eventually gets going, it pulls well.

Why Mr T cannot design a decent auto like V.W and Ford, or just offer a proper auto as they sell in Australia, as an option. However, the new Avensis has a auto box which hopefully will be offered in the Auris. I have read that it uses belts and pulleys. Just hope that it does not rev its guts out waiting for the road wheels to catch up as with other makes I have driven with this system.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links