Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clunking Noise Shen Releasing Clutch Pedal.

Grezza76

Hello. I have a 58 1.6 tr. When the clutch pedal is released I get a clunking noise. Just wondered if anyone else has this problem or is it normal? Have already had to have a new steering column put in so maybe I'm paranoid but it I find it really annoying all the same!!!!!!!!

Hello. I have a 58 1.6 tr. When the clutch pedal is released I get a clunking noise. Just wondered if anyone else has this problem or is it normal? Have already had to have a new steering column put in so maybe I'm paranoid but it I find it really annoying all the same!!!!!!!!

I HAVE A 58 PLATE AURIS 1.4 PEDEL CLICK WHEN GOING DOWN AND WHEN RELEASED . BUT NOT EVERY TIME IS THIS THE SAME AS YOU HAVE.CAN ANY BODY ELES HELP ME

I HAVE A 58 PLATE AURIS 1.4 PEDEL CLICK WHEN GOING DOWN AND WHEN RELEASED . BUT NOT EVERY TIME IS THIS THE SAME AS YOU HAVE.CAN ANY BODY ELES HELP ME

Mine is a click from the actual pedal when pressed and also a clunk from the gearbox end when pressed or released! Don't know what it is but it wil be going back until they sort it out. Squeeking wheels at low speeds hasn't helped me feel any better about this car!!!!

The clunk is something I noticed on a 1.33 Auris demonstrator. Not loud, and not there all the time... just an unexpected noise.

I have a Yaris 1.3 (07 plate) and took it to the dealers yesterday about the same noise..

A click when pressing the clutch coming from the pedal (can also feel it through the pedal)

Another click/clunk on depress coming from the engine

The dealer said the first click is the pedal hitting the switch (keyless entry and the clutch has to be pressed to start the car) and the second click/clunk noise is because it's a hydraulic clutch and just the way it works. He pulled a new Yaris closer and it has the same sound.

It's annoying and unexpected, but perhaps something that just comes with Toyotas? If I had a choice, I would prefer not to hear it though.

The clunk noise and steering column fault are Auris specific. Every Auris I was driving had sometimes the clunk and column in my car was replaced twice before it was sold.

The clunk noise and steering column fault are Auris specific. Every Auris I was driving had sometimes the clunk and column in my car was replaced twice before it was sold.

Not very good reports from auris owners - the Auris seems to becoming a thorn in Toyota's side.

Hi I have to say that the clonk sound when you release the clutch pedal is normal , its a characteristic of the Auris , i noticed the clunk noise on my auris not long after buying it , i took the car back to my dealers for them to check it out , they told me me that i needed a new clutch and pressure plate , so i let them change the clutch and pressure plate on my car which at this point was only 3 months old , when i got the car back nothing had changed , the clonk still happened when i let the clutch up , so i took the car back and went out on a test drive with the dealerships master technician , he said that there was nothing wrong and the clonk was normal , in his words " a characteristic of the car " i asked at the service desk how then they had arrived at the conclusion that my clutch was faulty , they told me that they had attached a tester to the car called an IT2 , and the information received from the IT2 was that the pressure plate was faulty , i learned some months after that it was impossible for an IT2 to give information on the clutch because there are no sensors on the clutch , so there we have it , don't go down the same route as me , however not all dealerships are as unscrupulous as the one i was using , so maybe if you took it in for peace of mind you may get an honest answer , and they won't just change your clutch for profit , the clonk on the clutch is just yet another example of cheap crappy parts employed on the Auris , so do yourself a favour and deal with it as i do , turn your radio up :lol: it helps block out the rattles as well :blink:

Hi I have to say that the clonk sound when you release the clutch pedal is normal , its a characteristic of the Auris , i noticed the clunk noise on my auris not long after buying it , i took the car back to my dealers for them to check it out , they told me me that i needed a new clutch and pressure plate , so i let them change the clutch and pressure plate on my car which at this point was only 3 months old , when i got the car back nothing had changed , the clonk still happened when i let the clutch up , so i took the car back and went out on a test drive with the dealerships master technician , he said that there was nothing wrong and the clonk was normal , in his words " a characteristic of the car " i asked at the service desk how then they had arrived at the conclusion that my clutch was faulty , they told me that they had attached a tester to the car called an IT2 , and the information received from the IT2 was that the pressure plate was faulty , i learned some months after that it was impossible for an IT2 to give information on the clutch because there are no sensors on the clutch , so there we have it , don't go down the same route as me , however not all dealerships are as unscrupulous as the one i was using , so maybe if you took it in for peace of mind you may get an honest answer , and they won't just change your clutch for profit , the clonk on the clutch is just yet another example of cheap crappy parts employed on the Auris , so do yourself a favour and deal with it as i do , turn your radio up :lol: it helps block out the rattles as well :blink:

Thanks a lot for all the info guys. Looks like we'll have to live with this noise then! Typical that the first time I decide to buy Toyota for their reliability record they decide to start building on the cheap!!

Thanks a lot for all the info guys. Looks like we'll have to live with this noise then! Typical that the first time I decide to buy Toyota for their reliability record they decide to start building on the cheap!!

In the Auris's defence i haven't found reliability to be an issue ......( Oh god , i hope i haven't just put the bockers on myself :lol: )

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Auris D-4D and have had the chattering noise that you mentioned from new and its a 08 plate

the chatter is in the gearbox itself you will find the tollerences within the gearbox are causing the problem (chatter among the gears)

it has been in the dealership for this had a new clutch but i knew it was the gearbox (EX vehicle technician)

you will find toyota wont replace the gearbox but only repair with new parts which will give you the same problems when it is given back to you

also the dealer will put thicker viscosity oil in the box OK in summer pants in winter with poor gearchanges occuring i know because i have had this done at the dealer

but on the other note the Auris has done 43,000 mls (i do 500 plus aweek) and the chatter is till the same the only thing i have picked up on is the 2-3 gear are becoming notchy during gear change

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links