Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Sol Blue Bluetooth Handsfree Problem

Tapio

Hi,

I am from Finland and English is not my mother language.

Has anyone here had problems with this Toyota bluetooth handsfree system?

I have 2008 year model Auris Sol Blue where is this bluetooth handsfree.

It also has Multi Mode transmission.

The problem with this is that it is speaking when I stop the engine.

It says 'setup menu' or 'phone menu' even when power should be off (key is in my hand).

And if the phone was connected to it it sometimes says 'redialling'.

And sometimes phone really starts to call to the last called number by itself.

Toyta here in Tamoere Finland says that they don't know any other Auris having this kind of problem.

On the other hand they say that it is normal that bluetooth handsfree system says setup menu when power is set off.

They say nothing can be done to that.

I can live with this system if it only speaks but when it starts to make calls by itself that is too much.

I had 2007 Corolla Verso with same bluetooth system and Multi Mode transmission and there was no problems.

How can the bluetooth system be working when power is off and the key is in my hand?

Does this has something to do with the fact that in Auris the electrical system and wiring is different than previously?

Don't know how to describe that in English.

Is my Auris really the only one having this problem?

While driving the bluetooth system works fine. I can answer the incoming calls and I can make calls.

Calling is not problem.

Shutting down the bluetooth seems to be the problem.

Tapio

Firstly congratulations on your english...

Secondly... Exactly the same problems as you described have been mentioned by someone else in a previous posting on this forum. If my memory serves me correctly a software upgrade to the bluetooth equipment in your Auris to the latest version can cure this problem. Also make sure you have the latest software/firmware in your GSM Handset.

Your Toyota Dealer should be aware how to update the bluetooth interface on your car.

Secondly... Exactly the same problems as you described have been mentioned by someone else in a previous posting on this forum. If my memory serves me correctly a software upgrade to the Bluetooth equipment in your Auris to the latest version can cure this problem. Also make sure you have the latest software/firmware in your GSM Handset.

Your Toyota Dealer should be aware how to update the bluetooth interface on your car.

Agreed. You English is better than most peoples on here! as they will even say that they have 'Brought' a new car when infact the 'Bought' it and never 'brung' (as brought is the wrong word anyway) it anywhere!

Collin

Hi

thats why I joined the formum, had my new Auris for 2 months, the bluetooth is driving me insane.. she doesn't understand me or my husband. When I switch of the ignition it dials the last number on my phone, she keeps talking once the car is off also. We both have completely different phones, but it happens to both of us..

I just want to check if people have had similar problems before i go back to my dealer, already had to return it because of a bad paint job....

Had toyota's for years, really disappointed with this, although the car is great...

Secondly... Exactly the same problems as you described have been mentioned by someone else in a previous posting on this forum. If my memory serves me correctly a software upgrade to the Bluetooth equipment in your Auris to the latest version can cure this problem. Also make sure you have the latest software/firmware in your GSM Handset.

Thanks.

My Toyota dealer replaced the 'brains' of bluetooth system.

There was two boxes which were changed to new ones. No help.

My phone is Nokia E50 and it has the newest SW installed.

But to me it is very difficult to thing that my phone could be the reason for this behauvior.

Next time I visit my dealer I will tell them all information what I can get from here.

I have fitted alot of SWC bluetooth kits to Toyotas. There is definately a software update available for the bluetooth ecu.

Ask your dealer to check TOTTS or the product reports (they should do this anyway if they are unsure) the file needed and how to do it will be available through there (had to find it myself and reprogram/flash a couple of these kits now at work)

Mart. :)

I have fitted alot of SWC bluetooth kits to Toyotas. There is definately a software update available for the bluetooth ecu.

Ask your dealer to check TOTTS or the product reports (they should do this anyway if they are unsure) the file needed and how to do it will be available through there (had to find it myself and reprogram/flash a couple of these kits now at work)

Mart. :)

Hi,

Thank you a lot of answers.

Seems that in Europe the dealers did know about this problem and how to fix it.

But here in Finland Toyota dealers did not tell about this before they tried the fix first time.

Now they tell it is known problem and fix is available.

My car is at the moment in service and I am waiting to get it and try is it now OK.

Heard also that Motorola has done the blutooth SW for this bluetooth handsfree system.

Tapio

Hi,

Redialling problem is now solved.

SW update fixed it as the 'setup menu' or 'phone menu' voices too.

It is now OK.

The buletooth system does'nt understand me when I try to save some numbers there.

But that is not a problem.

I can receive calls through bluetooth handsfree and I can make calls with my Nokia mobile.

Thanks to all for helping me.

Tapio

• 3 years later...

I had the same issue , but my dealer don't know the problem and the fix :(.

Hello,I had exactly the same problem when I bought my 2008 model SR180.Also mine would not work when you used the steering wheel mode control.The issue was resovled only this Wednesday by my local Toyota dealer replacing the handsfree bluetooth system.Fortunately my car is still under warranty.It is now working fine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links